(Shot in the dark) Another Permanent Affliction

JackTrysGames

The bane of hobos everywhere, Trench Foot is an affliction gained by exposure of the feet to cold, damp, and often unsanitary conditions (but notably not freezing conditions, as that would lead to frostbite instead) for extended periods of time.
There is no cure, barring debridement and/or complete amputation of affected parts.

There would ideally be two ways to counter this:
1. Carry a few extra pairs of socks and swap out regularly to keep your feet dry, especially if they get wet.
2. Remember to take off your shoes and socks in indoor environments to give your feet room to breathe.

trenchfoot.thumb.jpg.30b86379d7c4869a625828ff5d1b158a.jpg

• Upvote 1

I left a recommendation a couple of months ago for footwraps, like Russian portyanki, as a sub for socks, especially if they accidentally get ruined in the late game.

I don't mind this idea, but I think it would be tough on outerloper players!

• Upvote 1

I can see this as a possibility. You do a lot of walking in-game, so your feet would wear out overtime. I suspect when you sleep in a bed the character takes off their shoes. Also, some caves involve walking across small puddles of ice cold water with causes your shoes and socks to get wet and freeze. But trench foot would be a long term affliction that would take a while before it kicks in. In addition, I feel this would be suitable for stalker/interloper.

• Upvote 1