Introduction - Merrak

Merrak

Hello everyone!

Look forward to meeting quite a lot of you, I'm Merrak! I picked up The Long Dark in 2017, and it has been in my rotation of games ever since! After playing for so long, I finally decided to get more involved in the forum here. I'm on the older side of the age groups in most games, married, and currently finishing up my Master's Degree.

In Game: I've unfortunately never got far into the Wintermute story, but Survival has always been my thing. I typically stick to either Voyager or Stalker difficulty. Currently working on "The Will to Live" 500 Day Challenge, Faithful Cartographer, and Skilled Survivor.

Other Games: Typically, if I'm not playing this, I'm cycling through the Fallout series (currently 4 and 76), Skyrim, ESO, Forza Motorsports 7, Forza Horizon 4/5, or Project Zomboid.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, xanna said:

Great to have you here. Good luck with your 500 days! What day are you on at the moment?

Just over day 300. But I know better than to be confident. I'm sure if I really, truly wanted to, I could ride out the 500 days by passing time...but what fun is that?!

On 3/26/2023 at 5:30 AM, DrWho42 said:

henlo merrak! welcome to the wild erness!

Thanks DrWho! Glad to meet you. :)

On 3/23/2023 at 12:03 PM, xanna said:

I imagine that combating boredom and finding motivating goals are the hardest challenges at that stage. I hope to find out myself this year - the new content is helping with that.

This entire run that I'm doing started as a challenge to myself. I was previously terrified that if I went to certain zones I would most certainly die immediately. Someone on Reddit gave me a really fun "getting started" type of quest to point me in the right direction, and it was actually quite perfect. I've felt better about this run than any one previous to it.