Mysterious Signal Fire showing up twice in Surveyed Locations

ajb1978

Anyone else getting this issue? I've got all of Hushed River Valley mapped out, and I'm stuck with 24/25 surveyed locations. The last location is a second instance of "Mysterious Signal Fire", but surveying the other possible spawn point doesn't do anything.

I have the same issue.

I found this from @Arcx in 2020, which describes a slightly different variation of the problem: overview says 22/24, list has 22 named location and three ??? unnamed locations. So the count in the overview was correct, but the number of ??? slots was one too many.

However, I have a count out of 25 in my overview, not out of 24. I have counted the number of locations in my list and it matches that - 24 named and one ???. I have mapped the signal fire - I hoped it might fill in two slots or reduce the total or something, but that didn't resolve it.

I assume there hasn't been another location added to the list since 2020? But it looks like the behaviour is different? I definitely have all the ones on the list in the fan wiki. I hope that's not out of date or something.

Related, but again not quite the same problem, I also found this comment on the fan wiki, from someone with all the slots filled and 100% in the overview, but still no achievement. It says to make sure that the icons for locations show up on your map, or even with 100/100 in the journal, you won't get the achievement. Most locations don't have icons so don't require this, but a few do as listed on the wiki. Those in HRV that do are the transfer cave to MT, and one of the signal fires.

On 3/22/2023 at 7:32 AM, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Does the area show up as complete in the overview?

This is what I'm looking at in my journal. Everything in every region is mapped fully, except for this second instance of the Mysterious Signal Fire. I've tried re-mapping the actual Mysterious Signal Fire, and tried mapping the empty spot where the other fire can spawn, and nothing clears it up. I mean I already have Faithful Cartographer so it's not the end of the world, it's just obnoxious to have things incomplete in my journal.

I even tried using a dev console mod to force-reveal the entire map, and that didn't mark it as surveyed either.

image.jpeg

I've only got HRV fully mapped. My journal looks like that, too, except that I have a ??? in the first spot, not a location name.
Do you have another entry for Mysterious Signal Fire further down that has a green tick?

52 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Spitballing here, but have you tried mapping various spots around the signal fire location?

Not exhaustively, but I did burn through a couple charcoal at various elevations yes. The signal fire already exists on my map though. I've tried re-mapping the original, and mapping the alternate site. But again not exhaustively so.

2 hours ago, xanna said:

I've only got HRV fully mapped. My journal looks like that, too, except that I have a ??? in the first spot, not a location name.
Do you have another entry for Mysterious Signal Fire further down that has a green tick?

You can reveal the "missing" location without any penalties. You will be able, once this bug(?) is resolved, to get the achievement regardless of revealing any locations in the journal.

Edited by Arcx