Transponder Gameplay

Our first Tale, SIGNAL VOID, utilizes our new Transponder gameplay, comprised of a series of Transmitter sites scattered across Great Bear and the new Handheld Shortwave. Once a Transmitter is active, the Handheld Shortwave will be able to pick up mysterious signals in that area, leading to hidden caches, crash sites, and other locations that relate to the Tale. All in all it gives you even more to do during an Aurora, which is a fun time to explore the world – albeit potentially risky!

Thought we could use this thread to pose questions and tell others of your discoveries!  Please use spoiler tags when appropriate.

5 hours ago, xanna said:

I interpreted that to mean that doing things during an aurora is risky...

Yeah, same. I don't think the transponder stuff itself will be too risky. Just think they were referring to the Insomnia/animal aggression.

1 hour ago, ChillPlayer said:

What I haven't figured out yet: is there alway just one yellow/blue signal per transmitter site or can be there more? And has each transmitter always a yellow and a blue signal? Lastly, does the transmitter cover the whole map, like all of Airfield or all of FM?

From what I've seen, the caches (found with the yellow signal) do not overlap.  I have only found 1 blue "site" and it did not overlap with a yellow signal.[\spoiler]

Edited by hozz1235

2 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

From what I've seen, the caches (found with the yellow signal) do not overlap.  I have only found 1 blue "site" and it did not overlap with a yellow signal.

but have you ever found more than one blue or more than one yellow signal in one transmitter radius?