Part 1:Hunting and skill Visibility

Gleb_Golovin

Hinterland good afternoon!

I was a little bored at the weekend, so I decided to give you a few ideas that, in my opinion, could improve our favorite game. I have already written about some of them, but I still want to repeat myself again and tell you about them again, as I consider them quite important for the game.

There are quite a few things I would like to ask and tell you about, so I will divide my suggestions into several posts. Let's start with the biggest one.

1) Hunting and skill Visibility

The main problem with hunting in the TLD is that it does not exist as such. And I always thought it was strange because the game takes place in the north of Canada, in the mountains and forests. There should be a sea of different types of animals, these very animals should be one of the main ways of subsistence for the inhabitants of these areas.

But what we have now: deer that allow you to approach them at a distance of 20 meters, rabbits that can be stunned by a stone hit, and wolves that can be killed by throwing off the bait and shooting in the face.

Not cool.

It always seemed funny to me that you can approach a deer closer than 50 meters while dressed as a clown) I understand that these are the conventions of the game, but when, even at the highest level of difficulty, you can sneak up to a deer at the same 50 meters and successfully kill it - it's corny not interesting… BUT!

If there was a “Visibility” skill in the game, it would change a lot. I think it could look like a “Smell" level.
4 “Sticks" on the screen that would affect the distance to which you could approach the prey (elk or deer for example). If we have such a skill, then we must have something that will increase or decrease the visibility of the hunter - for example, homemade camouflage suits.

I don't mean Gilly's sniper suits-I'm talking about plain white capes! You can make three parts of a full camouflage suit that will spawn separately from each other in different places of the game world. For example:

- Spawn Jacket in Pleasant Valley

-  Hat-mask (like the current green balaclava)- Spawn in Ash Canyon

- Pants- Spawn in the Valley of a quiet river

Each of the disguise items would add one point to the character's disguise status.

The most attentive readers have already noticed that I told about 3 cells out of four) The fourth cell is a rifle.

Yes, I suggest to make customization of rifles.

Firstly, I'm not talking about Scopes and other professional hunting equipment. I'm talking about simple fabric windings on the barrel and butt. Such a weapon winding, for example, can be done anywhere with the help of 15 minutes of time and a regular bandage (1 piece bandage). This idea was prompted by Vaughn's new rifle. It's old and also wrapped in some rags - why can't we do that.

We already have improvised Crampoons- why we don t have this?

I also propose to change the mechanics of Hunting Sit-ins. More precisely, add the ability to build improvised sit-ins.

I know we have snow shelters- I just don't like them, I don't know why ☹

It would be great to be able to do sit-ins as well as snow shelters. I also like the idea of adding camouflage nets that would be made on a workbench of fabric and fishing nets (which could be found in coastal areas of the game world)

Regarding rabbit hunting: I would change the distance at which they are scared of the player - I would make it more. If you do this, then the game will make sense in traps (rarely anyone uses them) and an icon for 100 rabbits caught.

What about wolves: I would change 2 things

1) When aiming at a wolf, they would run 1.5 times faster

2) When throwing the bait and then aiming the weapon, the wolves would turn around and run away

These restrictions would make hunting wolves more scary, hard and dangerous. It would be possible to add the ability to hang meat, for example:

The player hung a piece of deer on a tree, and he sits in a sitting position and waits for the wolf to come up and start eating.

Hunting in The Long Dark has an incredible variety of development paths - it can turn from a boring activity into a whole event for which you would need to prepare for several weeks.

Yes, it will be difficult for the player, but every gram of meat would give the player an incredible amount of emotions and a sense of pride for his actions.

In the second part: the problems of climbing and mountains

Your Siberian friend!

палатка снег.jpg

Clothes TLD.jpg

маскхалат.jpg

обмотка ружья.jpg

Тринога ружье.jpg

руж маск.jpg