Mac OS Disk Write Error Following Wintermute Update

BrenGun

TLD is completely inaccessible to me after the DLC update when it became available on Mac. I used to run it on Steam trouble-free until it automatically downloaded itself. When it did, it just showed a disk write error in the downloads section of Steam. Retrying to install it just resulted in the same message. I tried following every troubleshooting procedure in Steam- verifying local files, verifying and repairing my HD, changing the download region, installing and uninstalling both the TLD and Steam itself. Nothing changes. I've tried downloading TLD all over again after uninstalling it both with and without Wintermute and it doesn't matter. Steam tech support has officially wiped their hands of this problem declaring that I must have a problem with my HD. I don't. It's been checked and come out clean several times with Disk Utility. And here's the thing- I tried downloading it onto a Windows laptop and......... same disk write error. It can't be my HD if it's replicated on two different machines with two different OS's. Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave and Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 14.

I've tried three times reaching someone in support here at Hinterland and cannot get a response (everytime the message was apparently received (as per the response email...) but I've had no answer/ followup since February 28) so this is my last opportunity. I'm at a dead end. Please help. I've played actually hundreds of hours and was in the middle of a 400 day survival game so this all really sucks...

Sometimes the admins can be slow to respond. This seems like a very strange issue, especially since it broke on both windows and macOS. 

A disk write error could be a whole number of issues, but since you had it on both OSs I don't know where to begin troubleshooting. 

This seems like a complex bug if it is one. Only Hinterland can help you with it. 

Unfortunately, the best thing you can do is wait for them to respond, or try another installation method.

You could try installing the game through a different service, such as epic games store, if that fails then the issue is truly the game files themselves. 

One other issue could be your antivirus preventing the installation, do you have the same antivirus on both machines? And if so, try disabling it.

That's all I can help you with, good luck!

- SpanishMoss

Maybe this'll help with visibility: 

@Admin

On 3/18/2023 at 5:27 AM, BrenGun said:

TLD is completely inaccessible to me after the DLC update when it became available on Mac. I used to run it on Steam trouble-free until it automatically downloaded itself. When it did, it just showed a disk write error in the downloads section of Steam. Retrying to install it just resulted in the same message. I tried following every troubleshooting procedure in Steam- verifying local files, verifying and repairing my HD, changing the download region, installing and uninstalling both the TLD and Steam itself. Nothing changes. I've tried downloading TLD all over again after uninstalling it both with and without Wintermute and it doesn't matter. Steam tech support has officially wiped their hands of this problem declaring that I must have a problem with my HD. I don't. It's been checked and come out clean several times with Disk Utility. And here's the thing- I tried downloading it onto a Windows laptop and......... same disk write error. It can't be my HD if it's replicated on two different machines with two different OS's. Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave and Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 14.

I've tried three times reaching someone in support here at Hinterland and cannot get a response (everytime the message was apparently received (as per the response email...) but I've had no answer/ followup since February 28) so this is my last opportunity. I'm at a dead end. Please help. I've played actually hundreds of hours and was in the middle of a 400 day survival game so this all really sucks...

Thank you for your patience. We'll reach out to you via DM to follow up on your Support request. Thank you for the opportunity to investigate!