The Long Dark Updated to v2.07

Admin

Hotfix-SteamLibrarySpotlight207.thumb.jpg.95be1afa31aa364ad30fa6cc9b0daeaf.jpg

Hello Community,

We just released our v2.07 Quality of Life Update for THE LONG DARK, including Survival Edition. This update includes some significant bug fixes, along with game and performance improvements. 

CL Versions Displayed In-Game: 
You can confirm that you have the latest update by checking the CL number displayed in the top left corner of your Home screen in-game. 

Steam:

• Windows - Survival Mode / TALES - 111199
  • Windows - WINTERMUTE  - 111213
  • Linux - Survival Mode / TALES - 111199
  • Linux - WINTERMUTE - 111213
  • Mac - Survival Mode / TALES - 111371
  • Mac - WINTERMUTE - 111213

Epic Games Store:

• Windows - Survival Mode / TALES - 111199
  • Windows - WINTERMUTE - 108187 
  • Mac - Survival Mode / TALES - 111371
  • Mac - WINTERMUTE - 111213

Please visit our Support Portal if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio). 

USER INTERFACE

• [UI] Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash with the error message “failure to apply graphics settings” when a previously available display was no longer valid.   

WINTERMUTE

** Please note that this section contains spoilers for WINTERMUTE. ** 

• [EP 4] Lost Power Workers: Fixed an issue that caused the game to hang if the player entered the Trailer in Blackrock when looking for the second Lost Power Worker.

WINDOWS 10

• [General] Fixed a hang when launching the game on Windows 10. Please note that some players will still experience a hang when launching the game using Windows 7, however we continue to work toward a resolution.

MAC

• [General] Fixed an issue on OS 10.14 that would prevent players from being able to launch the game.
  • [General] Fixed an issue preventing players from accessing WINTERMUTE and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY DLC on OS 10.14 and older.

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 5
  • Like 3

• Admin pinned and featured this topic
6 hours ago, RaukGorth said:

Hey, are you sure that is all the changes? What QOL?

QoL (Quality of life) means just fixes, improvements or small changes without impact on the gameplay. Im not sure if the patch notes have the full info about the update, since it's a big one (like 3 gb), but most QoL updates are hotfixes and surely we are gonna see the full details in the upcoming patch soon ☺️

I'm also curious about the mentioned QoL would be something like improving the usability of the Radial and equip binds: this would prevent many interruptive moments of having to go into the backpack to make sure you pick the right item. And to streamline fire-lighting and cooking.

QoL improvements for those of us who virtually play this game as a second life could be something like this:

- force the player to hold rather than click to light an unlit torch in hand. Otherwise the UI accidents are a click away. An issue with a missing pick-up label or a fluttering piece of Lichen is enough to lose a match, because collecting is done with left-click also. Another solution which might be even better is to provide a separate bind to pick up an item (E in many other games). This one is optional though, since you can work around it by always carrying a Firestriker.

- currently there is a whole lot of going into the Backpack to select the right item, because the selection and order of items in the Radial is random. This is interruptive and breaks immersion. Consistent sorting and selection of Radial items would make it more used, and more intuitive, and the game experience less interruptive.
Meds (teas): prioritize teas before other items, and prioritize hot drinks before cold.
Food and Drink: Put water and cattails in a fixed location, and allow holding to eat several cattails.
Weapons: In the order Flare Gun, Rifle, Revolver, lowest condition Bow, Stone. This order should be reflected in the Equip Weapon bind, so that it has a purpose. (It takes too long to cycle through them using the bind.)
Light sources: lowest condition Torch, blue Flare, red Flare, Lantern, Flashlight, matches. This order should be reflected in the Equip Light Source bind, so that it has a purpose. (It takes too long to cycle through them using that bind.)

- many if not all of these actions can be performed while walking IRL. The radial can be used while walking, and if this is implemented the game will feel even less interruptive and more fluent.

- many, many fires will be lit in each Survival Sandbox and in Story. Consider defaulting to Sticks every time a fire is lit, and don't remember the last item put on the fire.

- when lighting a heat source, the game sometimes recognizes a lit Flare as the default item you want as fire starter. However, when a Torch is lit, the game doesn't. Consider the order of: Flare/Torch (if lit and equipped), Wood Matches, Fire Striker, and lastly Cardboard Matches as these have a lower success rate.

- it would be QoL for me and make me able to play TLD even more if all spinning timer values were halved, including those for fires. Of my almost 4000h, I hate to think of how many of them were spent on looking at a spinner for every cupboard in every house, every fire I lit, and every cattail I picked up. I would pay a tidy sum to have an option like this in the game. The in-game time spent on the action (if any) should stay the same; I'm not looking to accomplish more in the game, just spend a lot less of my time looking at an hourglass icon for no reason.

- on Interloper, many items will be cooked. Consider the consistent order of Pots, then Cans, Teas, drinks, and last food items in the horizontal cooking interface.  Currently we drop pots, cans, and teas on the ground and drag them onto a cooking spot to avoid stepping perhaps 20 times to the end of the interface to place a Pot.

These are my suggestions, I hope you like them. If you have implemented some QoL improvements, consider listing them. Keep up the good work, Hinterland. Cheers. :)

• Upvote 5
  • Like 2

I'm on Xbox X.  My build showing in the upper left corner of the menu screen is 2.03 108470.  I show no updates pending (and my Xbox account is in good standing and updates are coming through for other games).  The news screen in game referencing the release date for Tales is still March 15, despite the 2-week delay being announced here on this website several days ago).

So, is my build actually current as of the date and time of this post (March 18, 2023 3:19 pm my local time).  If not... what is happening (i.e. why do I appear to be several updates behind)?

ETA:  I have not purchased/pre-ordered any of the expansion as of yet... so I should still be on the "free update stream."

Edited by UpUpAway95

So I am still waiting for the GoG store to either provide the possibility to finally buy the DLCs or at least get the non-DLC updates. GoG is still at v2.02 no matter what platform I choose.

I would also like to request an official statement from Hinterland regarding its GoG players. Will we be left with the non-DLC game? Will we get the chance to buy the DLCs? Or will Hinterland drop its GoG players for good?

9 hours ago, Polynomial-C said:

So I am still waiting for the GoG store to either provide the possibility to finally buy the DLCs or at least get the non-DLC updates. GoG is still at v2.02 no matter what platform I choose.

I would also like to request an official statement from Hinterland regarding its GoG players. Will we be left with the non-DLC game? Will we get the chance to buy the DLCs? Or will Hinterland drop its GoG players for good?

Not sure if this is going to be of any help but the game was actually removed from GOG's library a while back, which is likely why you're not getting updates.

https://www.gog.com/forum/the_long_dark/the_long_dark_removal/page1

You might have better luck sending an email to support to see if you can get a code for the game on Steam or Epic.

Edited by rush247

On 3/19/2023 at 12:48 AM, Glacia said:

QoL (Quality of life) means just fixes, improvements or small changes without impact on the gameplay. Im not sure if the patch notes have the full info about the update, since it's a big one (like 3 gb), but most QoL updates are hotfixes and surely we are gonna see the full details in the upcoming patch soon ☺️

I have a feeling the update is this big because this already includes Tales 2 content. I guess this is one way to mitigate possible release issues which happened when they initially updated to Tales 1.

• Admin unpinned this topic