Wolf Health Impacts Struggles

JackTrysGames

Its also pretty unrealistic, that you can run fullspeed with 5% health. That kind of anti realism is part of video game reality. Just saying.

I would welcome that kind of change, the one with the wolves. But I would also welcome different behavior when on low health. A wounded wolf wouldn't carelessly go into the next fight. Or it's under adrenaline and even more aggressive.

• Upvote 1

Players should be punished for screwing up a wolf encounter and letting it reach them. Lessening that impact by having injuries play a role like this would kind of compromise that and probably make wolves too forgiving IMO, it'd lessen the tension of needing to get a headshot with the bow.

That could be mostly fixed by making recent injuries not count- But then it becomes a really niche feature for a situation where, somehow, you hit a Wolf, it runs, then it gets in a struggle with you later before it dies of blood loss, which is a very rare scenario in current wildlife behaviour. I'd love a wildlife overhaul where their behaviour and the process of hunting them was more indepth, but that kind of thing really does not seem to be in the cards for this game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lexilogo said:

Players should be punished for screwing up a wolf encounter and letting it reach them. Lessening that impact by having injuries play a role like this would kind of compromise that and probably make wolves too forgiving IMO, it'd lessen the tension of needing to get a headshot with the bow.

That could be mostly fixed by making recent injuries not count- But then it becomes a really niche feature for a situation where, somehow, you hit a Wolf, it runs, then it gets in a struggle with you later before it dies of blood loss, which is a very rare scenario in current wildlife behaviour. I'd love a wildlife overhaul where their behaviour and the process of hunting them was more indepth, but that kind of thing really does not seem to be in the cards for this game.

I actually had this happen not so long ago.. I shot our friend in the cannery,, not fatally obviously.. usually when that happens it just runs around until morning then dies.. this time however after a few real life minutes and a quick search for loot ,I was pounced on from behind while fixing my rifle at the milling machine..   as it was pilgrim I took hardly any damage anyway . But it' seems it does happen in certain conditions already so maybe not too hard to implement as a whole.