If you could add your very own challenge, what would it be? What would be the goal?

[Not sure if this should go into something like the wishlist section, if the admins ask me to move this post to a different section/topic, i will!]

If you could add your very own challenge, what would it be? What would be the goal?

I got an idea for a challenge : )

generally idea:

- you play as Heller, the main goal is to find the dead bodies of other convicts [the last and most important one being a convict named leclarc that was mentioned in ep4.] And to find out what is hunting you, or more specifically the convicts.

[*cough* *cough* molly *cough* *cough*]

- you're being hunted by a person [molly] and if you stay in the open for too long you can easily get shot with an arrow and killed. I can imagine it would be similar to how the prison escape was when it comes to being shot, if you get lucky you can partially dodge one shot but take a lot of damage [and I'd assume a bloodloss affliction] but don't die, although you can quickly be killed by another shot. Not sure exactly how the challenge would end yet or the mechanics, this is a very rough idea.

- you get to find out more about the convicts and find evidence to whos killing all the convicts through notes or other things.

- you start with very minimum and not very good gear. The only big thing you'd probably start with is a flare or flare gun to get out of blackrock and deal with wild life.

- the challenge canonically would happen most likely before mackenzie is captured by mathis.

- cold is a very big issue if you don't find or make good gear, if we were to talk about how warm the clothes heller usually has would be, it would probably not be very good against cold lol.

I did some math and estimated what the stats would be of the player/heller [clothes wise] at the start:

Lets be generous and assume convict pants are close to or the equivalent of combat pants : )

+2.0 C

+0.5 C Wind Resistance/Wind Proof

+20% WaterProof Bonus

+7% Protection

T-Shirt [inner torso]

+0.5 C

Plaid shirt [outer torso]

+0.5 C

+0.5 C Wind Proof

+20% WaterProof Bonus

+1% Protection

Shoes

[couldn't find any shoes that matched the convicts, so lets just say his shoes have the same stats or similar stats as Mackenzies shoes.]

+1.0 C

+1.0 C Windproof/Resistance

+30% WaterProof

+5% Protection

-3% mobility

[In hellers design he doesn't seem to wear gloves, so i guess if you don't make improvised gloves or find gloves frostbite may be an issue. Also not sure if the character wears socks so i am not going to add the benefits of socks to the list or to the stats.]

Total Stats:

Warmth: 4.0 C

Wind Resistance/Proof: 2.0 C

WaterProof: 70%

Protection: 13%

Mobility: 97%

He's very waterproof apparently 

And yes i literally spent like 10 minutes finding out the [close to] stats of a character you don't even get to play in canon :,]

- the world gets colder and quickly, the difficulty would probably be set to stalker but with less loot.

- end goal so far is to, (1.) Find out whos killing the other convicts [and trying to kill you], (2.) Collect all convict notes and other evidence, (3.) Survive.

Another idea similar to this is being a convict [any convict, you could be an unnamed convict or be a canon character like vachon,heller,mathis, ect. I'd prefur a convict at least mentioned in the manuscript in ep1, for lore reasons. So we don't question "wait a minute...who ARE you??" Because if the character we play would of never been mentioned in the manuscript them making the rough journey to blackrock wouldn't make sense if they weren't at least mentioned in the manuscript.] And trying to survive until you get to blackrock. Maybe this idea could be a story DLC oneday hehe

[halo reach spoilers, as i mention the main plot]

Kinda like a 'halo reach' type of story or similar to it, you have your main friend group and then you see em all die in awful terrible ways, you know, tragedy! Because people love torturing theirs or seeing other characters being tortured!   : )

[Note: sorry if it sounds like i want the story or anything to morph into other or be like games or stories when i mention halo reach, i was only using reach as an example. Not like a "i need it to be like [insert series here]!!! 😭". I really like wintermutes story as it is! ^^                      I really wouldn't want to see TLD morph into trying to be like other games like when shooter games tried to copy COD or become a 'halo killer' when the games were really popular.] 

just some ideas! What do you think?

[also, thank you if you read all of my ideas! : D]

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1