New Region Ideas or Revamps

FoxHunter451

I noticed that in the cinematic trailer for Chapter 3 & 4 that there is at the end of the song a Highway covered in cars packed bumper to bumper with the Aurora appearing. I don’t know why, but it made me feel like Coastal Highway wasn’t the only highway on the island and could be a good project in a future region release or for TLD 2. 

any thoughts?…

(For some reason, it won’t allow me to upload photos above 0.50 mb)

10 hours ago, FoxHunter451 said:

I noticed that in the cinematic trailer for Chapter 3 & 4 that there is at the end of the song a Highway covered in cars packed bumper to bumper with the Aurora appearing.

I thought that cars and bridge was the Spruce Falls Bridge in Milton but maybe like @Leeanda said ıt could be Perseverance Mills.

Personally, for Wintermute, ı just wanna see Perseverance Mills not a new region but ı agree a new future region with highways may be good for TLD 2 or something else.

14 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Id love a glacier region (With a Moraine), a weather station, A ski resort with lift that works during aurora. 

Love this.

Cue me dangling from a ski lift for a week because I mistimed it.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I always thought of a region similar to Forsaken Airfield and Bleak Inlet, surrounded by mountains but one side is open sea.

The region would have a destroyed military base with a small missile arsenal and a port, burned forests, and another almost collapsed mine.

All of the destruction was caused by it's own missiles activated by the aurora (or glimmer fog).

18 minutes ago, A Lamp said:

I always thought of a region similar to Forsaken Airfield and Bleak Inlet, surrounded by mountains but one side is open sea.

The region would have a destroyed military base with a small missile arsenal and a port, burned forests, and another almost collapsed mine.

All of the destruction was caused by it's own missiles activated by the aurora (or glimmer fog).

MOUNTAIN PASS

Steep climbs and some of the rockiest terrain to be found on Great Bear Island hide a remote installation that holds secrets to the Island’s dark history. Beware.

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

MOUNTAIN PASS

Steep climbs and some of the rockiest terrain to be found on Great Bear Island hide a remote installation that holds secrets to the Island’s dark history. Beware.

Due to the fact my native language isn't english (and you guys probably figured it out) i have no clue what a remote installation is.

On 3/5/2023 at 5:14 PM, FoxHunter451 said:

I noticed that in the cinematic trailer for Chapter 3 & 4 that there is at the end of the song a Highway covered in cars packed bumper to bumper with the Aurora appearing. I don’t know why, but it made me feel like Coastal Highway wasn’t the only highway on the island and could be a good project in a future region release or for TLD 2. 

any thoughts?…

(For some reason, it won’t allow me to upload photos above 0.50 mb)

I’ve always felt like great bear doesn’t have the normal infrastructure for a town.  Milton should’ve had a fire station/police station combo.  There are power lines but no real power company.  Mystery lake has the feel of a well visited summer lake camp, but no actual road?? Tourists wouldn’t come via train would they? And no real grocery store to speak of.  With a vacation home area like CH, industrial area like DP, logging throughout, settlement like MT….. A entire AIRPORT now for Pete’s sake!  The crappy little corner store in PV can’t be “Grocer”.  Anyway, missing normal infrastructure and that could be a revamp.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, xanna said:

Love this.

Cue me dangling from a ski lift for a week because I mistimed it.

I'm imagining the top is ONLY accessible via that lift (or at least the way down.) the peak would be survivable long term but not somewhere you want to be waiting for the next aurora...

itd have a nice pretty ski lodge and meager food and wood, but only enough to get you to the next aurora if you're smart. 

I've always wondered when we'll get sinkhole hazards. You see all these caves with shafts of light coming from high above, and sometimes dead people or animals on the ground where they fell through to their deaths.

Now obviously insta-killing the player in the middle of a wide open field would be just a bad idea all around, but a sort of variant of Weak Ice might work. You get several seconds of hearing rocks crunching and cracking and know you need to beat feet. If you fall through, maybe it's not one of those massive caverns, but you should take some falling damage comparable to falling through the ice, and end up in the network of caves under the region.

Sort of like how if you were in HRV and certain spots could cause you to fall through the ground and end up inside one of those two Ice Caves. Edit: Or it could be a one-off event, to "unlock" the region. Instead of a game of "find code, unlock door" it could be "fall through ground, navigate cave network, find dynamite, blast debris free to create a new exit and now you have full access to the region. Best part is, blasting caps are in the game already.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Semple Fi said:

There are power lines but no real power company. 

Actually there is--Mainland Power. Farmer Barker owed them a lot of money, according to a collectible you find in Episode One.

Edited by ajb1978

14 hours ago, FoxHunter451 said:

I also have a question, if the prepper caches were removed for TFTFT for remodeling, then why could I enter & loot the clothing cache north of the train unloading area in ML🤔??? 

was this part of the recent small update or just a bug?

Could you?? I wasn't expecting that. I wonder has anyone else found one recently. What build number / version number are you on?

15 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Actually there is--Mainland Power. Farmer Barker owed them a lot of money, according to a collectible you find in Episode One.

Good point, but shouldn’t there be a substation?  Way too many lines and miles between the mainland and great bear.  Also, is there a road to the mainland that hasn’t been incorporated into the game, or is it air/water access only?  I don’t remember any specifics to that, but it seems as if there should be a bridge to the mainland.  Given the collectibles of people fleeing the island that you find in the cars.  

15 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I've always wondered when we'll get sinkhole hazards. You see all these caves with shafts of light coming from high above, and sometimes dead people or animals on the ground where they fell through to their deaths.

Now obviously insta-killing the player in the middle of a wide open field would be just a bad idea all around, but a sort of variant of Weak Ice might work. You get several seconds of hearing rocks crunching and cracking and know you need to beat feet. If you fall through, maybe it's not one of those massive caverns, but you should take some falling damage comparable to falling through the ice, and end up in the network of caves under the region.

Sort of like how if you were in HRV and certain spots could cause you to fall through the ground and end up inside one of those two Ice Caves. Edit: Or it could be a one-off event, to "unlock" the region. Instead of a game of "find code, unlock door" it could be "fall through ground, navigate cave network, find dynamite, blast debris free to create a new exit and now you have full access to the region. Best part is, blasting caps are in the game already.

Love the idea!

Problem is that blasting caps are only in Wintermute, correct?  Since the decoupling… would that make incorporation harder or easier?

25 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Love the idea!

Problem is that blasting caps are only in Wintermute, correct?  Since the decoupling… would that make incorporation harder or easier?

Well in Story the Bear Spear is basically a collectible. It doesn't appear in your inventory and has no weight, yet it shows up in the radial menu if you have obtained it. In Survival mode, assets for an equippable, carriable Bear Spear were added to the game as well. That version has a presence in your inventory, has weight, and can even be harvested for a spear tip and maple sapling. But it was never fully completed and introduced into Survival mode.

I'd imagine blasting caps could work much the same way, but easier since it's basically just a key and not something you can equip that has behavior and physics around it. Just something to collect in order to open a path.

16 hours ago, FoxHunter451 said:

I also have a question, if the prepper caches were removed for TFTFT for remodeling, then why could I enter & loot the clothing cache north of the train unloading area in ML🤔??? 

was this part of the recent small update or just a bug?

I think the one at the rope to TWM from pleasant valley is still active too. But that one makes sense cause it's a guaranteed bunker and pretty essential location to stop at. 

27 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Well in Story the Bear Spear is basically a collectible. It doesn't appear in your inventory and has no weight, yet it shows up in the radial menu if you have obtained it. In Survival mode, assets for an equippable, carriable Bear Spear were added to the game as well. That version has a presence in your inventory, has weight, and can even be harvested for a spear tip and maple sapling. But it was never fully completed and introduced into Survival mode.

I'd imagine blasting caps could work much the same way, but easier since it's basically just a key and not something you can equip that has behavior and physics around it. Just something to collect in order to open a path.

Still hoping for the Bear spear!

I tried it on a Wolf the other day when I was replaying episode 2.  

Didn’t work 😅

• Upvote 1