Different survivor voices and potentially models for survival mode?

RingoA

This is moreso an idea, i don't actually expect hinterland to do this, although it would make me pretty happy haha

So, what if we could choose different voices for our survivor instead of just astrid and mackenzies voice? [Example: have the survivor have the same voice as heller, vachon, or molly, ect. ect.]

And maybe be able to change the model according to the voice selected as hearing Mackenzie or astrid with another characters voice would sound a bit off 

You could also have unique dialogue as well according to the character/voice chosen to fit the personality? Just a thought i had

What do you guys think?

[The changing models and specific dialogue to fit with the characters personality isn't required in this idea by the way! I just thought it would be nice]

• Upvote 3

I don't think it would ever happen but if it did I would hope that whatever the male alternate would be that they get rid of the "cough, gotta drop some gear" comment as that (for purely subjective reasons) just makes me mad and kind of "ruins" my mood at the time.  😠

8 hours ago, Leeanda said:

It'd be cool to play as Molly,even though she might break my rifle😁  or as Methuselah.

Just imagine playing as mathis and getting the option to kick a wolf or timberwolf right before a struggle or during a struggle lol

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 1:17 PM, UTC-10 said:

I don't think it would ever happen but if it did I would hope that whatever the male alternate would be that they get rid of the "cough, gotta drop some gear" comment as that (for purely subjective reasons) just makes me mad and kind of "ruins" my mood at the time.  😠

Good god, does everyone haul more gear than they can carry? I should travel light.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JackTrysGames said:

Good god, does everyone haul more gear than they can carry? I should travel light.

I usually have to because I'll pick up like two sticks and then hear Mackenzie complain that he's encumbered lol

8 hours ago, RingoA said:

I usually have to because I'll pick up like two sticks and then hear Mackenzie complain that he's encumbered lol

But you only hear that line if you go over the encumbrance limit of 30KG...

Which is ridiculous, you'd never have to carry that much gear.

Edited by JackTrysGames

I find this possible if it just a 3D/Animation rather than a full new character, with own voicelines. Like a full new 3d model/animation for a character but using the standard voicelines or not even any voice at all.

There is a new fantastic mod called 'Personality', it changes the 3D model of your character according to your current worn clothing. The mod creator it's even working on two new playable characters B|

Also.. we have already seen (Or even played, in game terms) as a new character. You play as Molly a few seconds at the start of the episode 3, the cutscene actually have their own animation/3d model for molly holding a riffle.

It would be very fun and unique, but unlikely because of the work behind a feature like this. 

Sin título.png

Edited by Glacia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Glacia said:

I find this possible if it just a 3D/Animation rather than a full new character, with own voicelines. Like a full new 3d model/animation for a character but using the standard voicelines or not even any voice at all.

There is a new fantastic mod called 'Personality', it changes the 3D model of your character according to your current worn clothing. The mod creator it's even working on two new playable characters B|

Also.. we have already seen (Or even played, in game terms) as a new character. You play as Molly a few seconds at the start of the episode 3, the cutscene actually have their own animation/3d model for molly holding a riffle.

It would be very fun and unique, but unlikely because of the work behind a feature like this. 

Sin título.png

I know it would be unlikely, but might as well ask at least haha

I only suggest different voicelines because it would be off to hear Mackenzies voice if you were to play a character like mathis who has a rougher and more stern voice that sounds a lot different from mackenzie

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, FlamingFuball said:

I really want to play as Mathis. I feel like it would be fun to hear him swear at wolves and act all cocky. I always play as Astrid because Will is too whiny, and I think Mathis would be a good male player character that's more spiteful than whiny.

Same

And i got tired of wills breathing lol

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2023 at 2:57 PM, FlamingFuball said:

I really want to play as Mathis. I feel like it would be fun to hear him swear at wolves and act all cocky. I always play as Astrid because Will is too whiny, and I think Mathis would be a good male player character that's more spiteful than whiny.

It'd be cool if Astrid and Will weren't cookie-cutter variants of each other when it comes to lines...

Will: Everyman, current voicelines
Astrid: More serious, goes into more detail for the injuries
Mathis: Arrogant and cocky
Jace: Self-deprecating- a lot of "I'm fine"
Molly: Very focused and determined, no-nonsense and to the point
Jeremiah: Cynical, yet somewhat stoic
Methuselah: Watchful, observant, detailed commentary
Hobbs: Cowardly, panicked, lots of yelping

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 7:15 PM, JackTrysGames said:

It'd be cool if Astrid and Will weren't cookie-cutter variants of each other when it comes to lines...

Will: Everyman, current voicelines
Astrid: More serious, goes into more detail for the injuries
Mathis: Arrogant and cocky
Jace: Self-deprecating- a lot of "I'm fine"
Molly: Very focused and determined, no-nonsense and to the point
Jeremiah: Cynical, yet somewhat stoic
Methuselah: Watchful, observant, detailed commentary
Hobbs: Cowardly, panicked, lots of yelping

Heller: i feel like he would be cocky and arrogant like mathis at first in conflict but would quickly turn cowardly and yelp a lot like hobbs would when he actually gets attacked by an animal, i also imagine he'd swear a lot lol

All i imagine is being in milton on stalker difficulty:

*shots one wolf*

"Ha! Stupid dog!"

*another 100 wolves charges at him*

"oh god- OH GOD! THEY'RE NOT STUPID DOGS! I TAKE IT BACK!"

- Ringo, playing stalker for the first time unknowing of the reputation of milton on stalker difficulty