A puzzling sound

peteloud

Every now  and again, perhaps once an hour, I hear a puzzling sound.  It starts off, for about 1 second, sounding like a person snoring, or a snarl from some animal. Then the sound disappears.  There is no animal anywhere near to cause the sound. 

Does anyone else get the sound?

9 hours ago, peteloud said:

Every now  and again, perhaps once an hour, I hear a puzzling sound.  It starts off, for about 1 second, sounding like a person snoring, or a snarl from some animal. Then the sound disappears.  There is no animal anywhere near to cause the sound. 

Does anyone else get the sound?

There is an Easter egg in the game since the DLC update, several players have heard Cougar sounds around various spots in the world. It's more common to hear cougar sounds at night on Pleasant Valley or Blackrock, but it's unknown if the sounds are random or region-related, because there is very little evidence.

I have noticed it at Junker's Paddock in FA. I am divided between it being an easter egg about the mountain lion or a sound effect caused by the metal sheets sheltering the little area in front of the truck vibrating in the wind. I don't hear it at Mindful, but I do hear it at the Island Cabin... which has a shed with those metal sheets a few yards away. So, could be either. I've had this run exclusively in FA once I got up here about day 20 or so (started in MT, did a quick run into HRV to grab the bag, then down through the basin to FM, down Hat Creek and directly along the tracks to BR, made arrowheads at the Maintenance Yard, by this time I had some saplings so I made a bow and some arrows and then crossed the bridge to make my way into the far territories, and have been knocking around FA ever since I got up here (closing in on a hundred and seventy five days in FA).

I've been working on the idea that it's a sound caused by the metal sheeting and wind. It'd be all right to spend more time touring around other regions to see if that relation holds true or not... but I think I'd be starting up a new game to do that.