Do I have to start Wintermute over?

dahemac

With the new update, all sign of my having ever played Wintermute is gone and there does not appear to be a way of starting a new game. The “Download Now” buttons don’t do anything and while I in theory have both DLC’s they do not show, or Wintermute does not show in Steam.

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 14.36.11 .png

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 14.36.13 .png

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 14.34.23 .png

On 2/24/2023 at 12:40 PM, dahemac said:

With the new update, all sign of my having ever played Wintermute is gone and there does not appear to be a way of starting a new game. The “Download Now” buttons don’t do anything and while I in theory have both DLC’s they do not show, or Wintermute does not show in Steam.

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 14.36.11 .png

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 14.36.13 .png

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 14.34.23 .png

Thank you for reaching out. You should still have access to your Wintermute saves following the update, however, we understand some folks are experiencing difficulties accessing content following the latest update. We are working toward a resolution as quickly as possible. 

Can you please confirm whether you are playing on Mac? Thank you! 

I am playing on a Mac, using Steam. Neither of the Expansion or the Wintermute buttons work at all in game and neither of the DOWNLOAD NOW buttons do anything.
How cool would it be if you offered a prize to anyone who could write an old savegame converter. Because this restart on survival is soul destroying.

On 3/1/2023 at 3:24 PM, dahemac said:

I am playing on a Mac, using Steam. Neither of the Expansion or the Wintermute buttons work at all in game and neither of the DOWNLOAD NOW buttons do anything.
How cool would it be if you offered a prize to anyone who could write an old savegame converter. Because this restart on survival is soul destroying.

Thank you for confirming. We are actively working toward a resolution for this issue, and we will provide news as soon as it is available.

While we will continue to share new information, please don't hesitate to check back in or reach out with additional questions. We completely understand that this is frustrating, and we sincerely appreciate your patience. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 2:41 PM, dahemac said:

It has been a month since The Long Dark Updated to 2.06 on Mac. DLCs still not working. Any update on that?

We are still working on this issue, but we are closer to a resolution and hope to provide more information in the very near future. We appreciate your patience.