How many mooses are there in timberwolf mountain on interloper?

Alexander Farber

And should I take the Mountaineering Rope with me to PV, on my planned way to CH, DP? I already have the Heavy Hammer.

Or should I leave it at the Mountaineer's Hut in case I ever live long enough to go back for the tech backpack?

In case you wonder about my level - I play exclusively interloper and look at the maps

Haven't lived long enough to forge anything yet 😅 My biggest success was crafting deerskin boots and pants

Edited by Alexander Farber

As far as I know the only place that can have two moose at once is mystery lake. 

As for the rope ,it depends which way you're going to coastal highway.  If it's through the PV mine then you won't need it but it's entirely your choice.  I don't play loper so whether you'll need it somewhere else I don't know.  There are less climbs on loper with ropes so maybe leave it at a midway point somewhere .

• Upvote 2

In my experience, most regions have a small number of possible moose spawn locations... and upon "world generation" or when we first enter a region (whenever the RNG is truly rolled for it) then the "scraped bark" markers will indicate an active spawn location - much like a bear den denotes an active bear spawn location. 

Notable exception - there are some locations where a moose has been known to spawn, but no scraped bark to indicate - such as Desolation Point).

Generally speaking, one moose will spawn at a time at one of the active potential spawn points, remain there for a pseudo random number of days before despawning, and "migrate" to another active spawn point.    *(With perhaps the exception of Bleak Inlet - where it's been reported as having a dedicated moose spawn as well as a possibility of the other possible spawn locations also having a moose appear as part of the "migration" sequence)

As for Timberwolf Mountain...
I recall, there are two potential spawn locations in Timberwolf Mountain (however usually only one gains the "scraped bark" to become an active spawn point)
- Near the Wing "south" of Echo Peak East.
- Between Mountaineer's Hut and Landing Gear

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 3

🤭 Well I wasn't trying to contradict or anything like that... but just to add what I've experienced.  I can't say I know for certain how the mechanics of it work, since I don't have access to see how that is specifically coded.

Myself, I've only managed to find two in one region at the same time in one (Bleak Inlet), and I'd assumed that was due to the random chance of the usual spawn of the "migrating" moose... and the one "dedicated" spawn of the moose near the Hunter's Blind.  Apart from Bleak Inlet, I didn't know that multiple moose being spawned and occupying the same region was even possible.  🤔  The multiples you've seen must have been some rare instances indeed, thank you.

As far as I knew, there was only one migrating moose extant on the world map that roamed from place to place, and that dedicated spawn in the Inlet.   I'd never managed to ever see more than that.  

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

🤭 Well I wasn't trying to contradict or anything like that... but just to add what I've experienced.  I can't say I know for certain how the mechanics of it work, since I don't have access to see how that is specifically coded.

Myself, I've only managed to find two in one region at the same time in one (Bleak Inlet), and I'd assumed that was due to the random chance of the usual spawn of the "migrating" moose... and the one "dedicated" spawn of the moose near the Hunter's Blind.  Apart from Bleak Inlet, I didn't know that multiple moose being spawned and occupying the same region was even possible.  🤔  The multiples you've seen must have been some rare instances indeed, thank you.

As far as I knew, there was only one migrating moose extant on the world map that roamed from place to place, and that dedicated spawn in the Inlet.   I'd never managed to ever see more than that.  

I know you weren't,forgive me if I gave the wrong impression.   Mystery lake can have one set moose ,plus the random and very rare trappers moose at the same time.   Bleak I think is a bit of an anomaly,or it's just me 😁.  I have walked from the FM/bleak cave and passed three moose on the way to the cannery but I suspect that that was a bug.  This run I've had none in both visits which is also very odd but I usually see one near the exit cave and one at washed out trailers area.  But those two maps ,I think,are the only places with multiple spawns.

• Upvote 1

By the way the frostbite does not bother me, because I love how this game tells a survival story "lost fingers, but survived the blizzard" -

image.png.f006322176c2078f33a237b497a31356.png

On my search for a saw I have continued my run to the PV Farmstead and found a second Heavy Hammer and Magnifying Lens in the cellar instead -

image.thumb.jpeg.3be3ecb91bb98abcd9b4677e9a6a3d32.jpeg

Edited by Alexander Farber
Resized the images
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Alexander Farber said:

By the way the frostbite does not bother me, because I love how this game tells a survival story "lost fingers, but survived the blizzard" -

image.thumb.jpeg.601432ab53c9dd85ab2e31756b726094.jpeg

On my search for a saw I have continued my run to the PV Farmstead and found a second Heavy Hammer and Magnifying Lens in the cellar instead -

image.thumb.jpeg.c27c9853b52125cd00bfa7e381daf7ea.jpeg

You've got some pretty good loot from there.   I hope the weather is good e.nough to use that mag lens, PV is somewhat unfriendly . 

• Upvote 1

You're lucky then,I hardly ever see that one.  Coastal is a guaranteed three bears though.   I have none in ash canyon either,again!  

I have got moose on very high and only seen two different ones.the lonely meadow in mystery lake ,twice and twm once. No sign anywhere else and hardly any rubbings either.