Mac update [TFTFT & Wintermute] - NOT WORKING on Mojave 10.14.6

eatsleeper

Bought TFTFT DLC and updated the app on Steam for Mac. Started the game, and both TFTFT and Wintermute are greyed out, and say I have to download the content. I have checked, the content is installed on my computer and downloaded. Tried, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, checking the DLC is ticked in Steam, all of it... and still although I have the content, it says I have to still download it.

This is on OSX Mojave 10.14.6, I have seen others of Stream forum who have the same issue. Have reported it to Hinterland support, and all I have had back is that it may take some time for the content to download, so wait..... Well I have waited 4 days now, and it still doesn't work..... 

Nothing more from Tech Support, is anyone else having the same problem, I only have 14 days to get a refund from Steam for the DLC, but I still wont have Wintermute, so making the whole game I have paid for useless.

Why can't tech support actually respond quickly to get more info to help on this?

Screenshot_001.jpg

Screenshot_002.jpg

On 2/18/2023 at 5:51 AM, eatsleeper said:

Bought TFTFT DLC and updated the app on Steam for Mac. Started the game, and both TFTFT and Wintermute are greyed out, and say I have to download the content. I have checked, the content is installed on my computer and downloaded. Tried, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, checking the DLC is ticked in Steam, all of it... and still although I have the content, it says I have to still download it.

This is on OSX Mojave 10.14.6, I have seen others of Stream forum who have the same issue. Have reported it to Hinterland support, and all I have had back is that it may take some time for the content to download, so wait..... Well I have waited 4 days now, and it still doesn't work..... 

Nothing more from Tech Support, is anyone else having the same problem, I only have 14 days to get a refund from Steam for the DLC, but I still wont have Wintermute, so making the whole game I have paid for useless.

Why can't tech support actually respond quickly to get more info to help on this?

Screenshot_001.jpg

Screenshot_002.jpg

Thank you for reaching out. We are currently investigating this issue and working toward a resolution as quickly as possible. We sincerely appreciate your patience.

In the meantime, we understand there are some time constraints, and our Support Team is working to respond to inquiries as quickly as possible. 

Thank you for the reply, it has now been 11 days since I contacted Hinterland Support, and have had NO contact from them. I have a game which is now useless to use, and no idea when it will be fixed. I have had the game since 2020, and it is outside Steam policy to refund the game after 14 days.

I have now also paid for the DLC as well, and have none of that content. 

It is inexcusable for Hinterland Games to take money for a product that doesn't work, and for Support to not respond. It is clear there is an issue with the game with OSX Mojave 10.14.6 and also with High Sierra.

While I am willing to be patient, being given no updates, or timelines for when this will be fixed, can you arrange for a full refund for the game please, asap.

Edited by eatsleeper

On 2/27/2023 at 8:31 AM, eatsleeper said:

Thank you for the reply, it has now been 11 days since I contacted Hinterland Support, and have had NO contact from them. I have a game which is now useless to use, and no idea when it will be fixed. I have had the game since 2020, and it is outside Steam policy to refund the game after 14 days.

I have now also paid for the DLC as well, and have none of that content. 

It is inexcusable for Hinterland Games to take money for a product that doesn't work, and for Support to not respond. It is clear there is an issue with the game with OSX Mojave 10.14.6 and also with High Sierra.

While I am willing to be patient, being given no updates, or timelines for when this will be fixed, can you arrange for a full refund for the game please, asap.

We completely understand your frustration. There can be a number of reasons you may not have received a response (they sometimes end up in spam folders). If possible, please send us a private message with your email and we will follow up directly. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and we look forward to helping you further. 

Hello. I've the same problem. I've purchased the DLC in november (some days before you says it doesn't work on Mac) and now the game run, but I can't go on TFTFT.

- there is the same button "download" in the start screen.

- files looks OK in /Users/[me]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/TheLongDark/tld_dlc/TFTFT

- It's OK for Steam

- MacOS 10.14.6, iMac 27" 2013

I reported the issue. The latest response was on Feb 16 "...This is an automated message letting you know that your request has been received and a support agent will reach out to you as soon as possible...". I haven't heard from support since then.

I understand that fixing the game for a few Mojave users has a lower priority than other issues. But it's still frustrating. It might be a fix that takes just 5 minutes, who knows?

We apologize for the delay. We continue to investigate this issue, and we are working toward a resolution as quickly as possible.

We understand this is frustrating, and we appreciate your understanding. We will continue to share news as it becomes available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 12:14 PM, Kraut said:

TFTFT is running now.

Thanks for the fix! 

We're very glad this has improved your experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future if you experience future difficulties. 

• Upvote 1