Favorite Quote from Wintermute??

Semple Fi

There’s a wealth of quotes from these 4 episodes, any particular one your favorite??

This is on my list “I've learned to tell the difference between something quiet and something abandoned. This goes deeper than just a stillness. It's like the moments before the world goes to sleep... but we're the only ones left awake to notice it.”

• Upvote 3

When Father Thomas tries to mansplain to Astrid "No no, you crashed yesterday, in the hills!"

Look Padre, I just spent the last week straight grinding out all the side quests and pre-stocking the community center for that little grocery run you're gonna send me on in a bit. I know where I was yesterday, and it wasn't on a plane.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

When Father Thomas tries to mansplain to Astrid "No no, you crashed yesterday, in the hills!"

Look Padre, I just spent the last week straight grinding out all the side quests and pre-stocking the community center for that little grocery run you're gonna send me on in a bit. I know where I was yesterday, and it wasn't on a plane.

On a similar theme, Father Thomas telling Astrid that a blizzard is coming, when she'd just spent a couple of days hoiking survivors down the mountain during blizzard conditions.

13 minutes ago, xanna said:

On a similar theme, Father Thomas telling Astrid that a blizzard is coming, when she'd just spent a couple of days hoiking survivors down the mountain during blizzard conditions.

Did you get a continuous blizzard before the 'big one' too?   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

Hilariously, THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I’VE BEEN DOING THE PAST FEW DAYS!!! 🤣🤣🤣 Collecting coal for the fire too.  Rescuing victim número Uno at the moment. 

34 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Did you get a continuous blizzard before the 'big one' too?   

Mine has been sporadic, however I’ve been working the side quests first before the victims.  Once you start grabbing victims though, the “programmed” blizzard gets worse and worse.  

I’ve gotten much better with the wolves now though 😉

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Mine has been sporadic, however I’ve been working the side quests first before the victims.  Once you start grabbing victims though, the “programmed” blizzard gets worse and worse.  

I’ve gotten much better with the wolves now though 😉

I've only played it twice but I've had constant blizzards since just after the first mission. It doesn't stop until I get the aurora at the tower.

It is PV though so I thought it was just unlucky..    

Funny how the timbers aren't in survival in PV...  There's plenty of space for them there.. 

Don't know which difficulty you play on but they're not any easier to deal with on green survivor.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I've only played it twice but I've had constant blizzards since just after the first mission. It doesn't stop until I get the aurora at the tower.

It is PV though so I thought it was just unlucky..    

Funny how the timbers aren't in survival in PV...  There's plenty of space for them there.. 

Don't know which difficulty you play on but they're not any easier to deal with on green survivor.

So funny thing is, I was hoping this forum topic would get people to run through story mode again…. 😅

At the moment I’m playing capable survivor since it’s my first go round with my computer instead of Switch. Otherwise I normally play stalker or interloper. 

That being said, I’ve noticed you can “bug” the game by going in and out of the community hall. It has made the wolves disappear, and up until I went to the community hall for the first “mission”, there weren’t any blizzards except the initial one going to the barn for Molly. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

So funny thing is, I was hoping this forum topic would get people to run through story mode again…. 😅

At the moment I’m playing capable survivor since it’s my first go round with my computer instead of Switch. Otherwise I normally play stalker or interloper. 

That being said, I’ve noticed you can “bug” the game by going in and out of the community hall. It has made the wolves disappear, and up until I went to the community hall for the first “mission”, there weren’t any blizzards except the initial one going to the barn for Molly. 

Lol.... I think given the bugs since the update more people do seem to be playing it..  

I keep thinking about it for the side mission achievement but I don't want to do that ...bear again!!    Can you  skip stories and just replay whichever you want?  

I wonder if there actually are more wolves n harder levels but I did it on  green after I did it accidentally on capable and can't remember there being a difference.    

How are you getting on without the switch? 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol.... I think given the bugs since the update more people do seem to be playing it..  

I keep thinking about it for the side mission achievement but I don't want to do that ...bear again!!    Can you  skip stories and just replay whichever you want?  

I wonder if there actually are more wolves n harder levels but I did it on  green after I did it accidentally on capable and can't remember there being a difference.    

How are you getting on without the switch? 

No skipping!! 🤣🤣🤣

You’re gonna have to face down that Bear again, it’s a metaphor for life! 😂😅

I don’t think there are any more wolves, only that they become more aggressive and will engage you from a farther distance.  They also will trail you with ANY cooked meat on you.  

Honestly, I’m really enjoying using my laptop, I’m ordering a controller for it though, my hands are getting all jacked up trying to use the keyboard…

That being said, I’m still going to purchase the expansion for my switch whenever it finally hits….. 🙂🙃

Edited by Semple Fi
Grammar
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

No skipping!! 🤣🤣🤣

Your gonna have to face down that Bear again, it’s a metaphor for life! 😂😅

I don’t think their are more wolves, only that they become more aggressive and will engage you from a farther distance.  They also will trail you with ANY cooked meat on you.  

Honestly, I’m really enjoying using my laptop, I’m ordering a controller for it though, my hands are getting all jacked up trying to use the keyboard…

That being said, I’m still going to purchase the expansion for my switch whenever it finally hits….. 🙂🙃

I'm  too old for metaphors😁.  

To be honest I don't remember any unscripted wolves at all..at least in  episode three.  🤔.   

Keyboards are awkward (I have  Freddy Krueger nails though😁) so I don't blame you for getting a controller.. I got one before I got the laptop.

I don't know what the difference is for settings on switch but there's a lot more options on pc compared to Xbox.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'm  too old for metaphors😁.  

To be honest I don't remember any unscripted wolves at all..at least in  episode three.  🤔.   

Keyboards are awkward (I have  Freddy Krueger nails though😁) so I don't blame you for getting a controller.. I got one before I got the laptop.

I don't know what the difference is for settings on switch but there's a lot more options on pc compared to Xbox.

image.jpeg.920c661070f2c80a0358b25ab62decb4.jpeg

Do they make a controller for this? 🥴 (not mine 🙃)

What settings??

3 hours ago, Pınar51-06 said:

My favourite is from Episode 1

One Last Thing side quest

“Losing a child…” says McKenzie.

”Is like losing your own life.” answers Grey Mother.

I am not a parent or a crybaby person but that quote always makes me sad.

RIP Lilith Baker.

Great quote, it’s also true. 

• Upvote 2