Favorite region as of TFTFT part one?

RegentRelic

I am curious to see how the new regions stack up?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FA is really a nice and complete region. There might be only 2 things missing: thin ice in some parts of Shoulder Lake, and some kind of higher plateau accessible only by rope-climbing, but it might have transformed the region in something else altogether! An outside workbench would have been nice (Junker's could be out of the trailer) but I don't fully see the balance between Cabin Fever and Hypothermia if it were to be, so I'd say it's ok like that. For me, it's a really hard region in different ways than others, and something new that we didn't have so far.

Transfer Pass is small right now, and has few renewable ressources (food can get scarce : around 30 cattails, 2 rabbits groves, 1 wandering doe or deer, that's it if the moose doesn't spawn) but I'm waiting for acorns to transform the station in a real transition base with small stocks of everything.

As it is, I'm really eager to see the other regions, because I'm very much liking what I'm playing so far!!!

Forsaken Airfield is pretty good. It reminds me a bit of Pleasant Valley, with its large open areas and limited shelter, although it's a lot colder.

Still my favourite region is the Hushed River Valley. I like the region's level design, and the "wildness" of the region, along with the abundance of natural resources. It's also very easy to avoid predators if you know where you're going. Besides, the region just looks... amazing!

Hmm, favourite region for what reasons? ¿Longterm? ¿Challenge? ¿Aesthetics and general feelings?

For a gameplay perspective i find coastal highway the best region ever made, it haves everything you need for a long term run or even a short stay. Here you can learn most of the aspects of the game, it's a diverse region with several resources and features and overall the most complete in terms of gameplay.

Also, the islands and overall asthetics are awesome, it's a very cool region.

If i ignore long-term plans, i find Bleak Inklet the best region overall. Incredible challenging but rewarding!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why, but I really love the Coastal Highway. I thought it is the sea presence. But I like CH more than DP and BI. Now I found another spot which pleases me. The Vacant Depot. Not sure why, but I just love the little trainstation. It is probably not suitable for long term stay. But I like it visually. Something like "when is the train due?" The fact rails are broken on both sides somewhat ruins the perspective of departure, but still.

• 2 weeks later...

Ash Canyon just has such cool verticality and puzzle elements. I love how there are multiple ways up and down the various peaks and sections of the region. It has just enough buildings that shelter is never too far away, but areas of the region still feel remote.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone through and added up the results from this poll and two similar polls form the past. For the regions that didn't exist for any given poll I've used the number from this poll. Which reflects poorly since this poll has fewer votes then the other two. these are those polls  

Mystery Lake- 32, 10.666...

Coastal Highway- 24, 8

Pleasant Valley- 11, 3.666...

Desolation Point- 6, 2

Timber Wolf Mountain- 21, 7

Forlorn Muskeg- 10, 3.333...

Broken Railroad- 10, 3.333... 

Mountain Town- 5, 1.666...

Hushed River Valley- 8, 2.666...

Bleak Inlet-  3, 1

Ash Canyon- 18, 6

Black Rock- 6, 2

Transfer Pass- 3, 1

Forsaken Air Field- 12, 4

A few things to note are that Bleak Inlet is on par with a transition zone. In fact I think that If I had included The ravine it would be beating Bleak inlet.

Also, the fact that Mystery Lake is still the most popular raises the question. Is it this popular because of nostalgia or because it is core to the game? I'm sure Hinterland has some great data about how much time players have spent in each region, broken down by the number of hours each player has in game. That would give a much better picture then any amount of polling could.

Transition zones could have their own poll, I think.

In that case, I'd put Ravine and Transfer Pass at the top (you can actually live there "forever" quite easily), then Keeper's Pass North, Crumbling Highway, Keeper's Pass South and Far Range Branch Line the 4 of them at approx the same level, and finally any cave system in-between 2 regions where you cannot live for more days than whatever food you enter with.

Anyway, FA is a big unforgiving but nice piece of a region, I have to say it's a really cool place to wander in :)