Too many wolves

kirkmc

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

It's been something that's been in the back of my mind to try, but just haven't had the time to really get around to it.
I knew it was theoretically possible... and on smaller scales (the first encounter in episode 2) I knew it worked alright, but I'd never taken on a full pack.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I wouldn't recommend it...   I got caught on the road outside the cannery ,which was a surprise as I had to sneak past the side of it to get there.  They are obviously also unpredictable in that respect as well.    I got lucky that I found a little rock ledge to get on..  

• Upvote 1

Relating more to the OP - it might be stating the obvious (apologies if so) but maybe not - once you get the "Coming Storm" mission, you don't actually have to do it immediately. In other words, you're still free to go off and explore other areas of the map and to complete the side missions - and that might result in you picking up the flares and flare shells etc. that you need to deal with the wolves. It worked for me.*

Also make sure that for each survivor you head out with enough food/meds/water/pots to boil water in - the fire beside each survivor burns forever without more fuel. It will keep you warm and allow you to cook etc. So use that - sleep the night if necessary - to make sure that you bring each survivor up to the best condition they can possibly be in before you start the return journey to the Community Hall. That gives you more chance if one of the wolves does get through.

ETA - * this also applies if you've already started the mission. So if you've already brought in one survivor, you're not compelled to now bring in the second and third - you're free to go off and gather the resources you might need to complete the mission before resuming.

Edited by past caring
clarity