Mementors in Interloper

cullam

This question includes some mild spoilers, for mementos.

So, from my experiments so far, I know that some of the loot mementos are still there in Interloper, and that some are missing. But previously, if I had seen a lockbox, then the key for it should exist. This included one that contained a revolver, which is definitely not normally an interloper item!
Because I've failed to find a second light wool sweater in my current game, I took the risk of going to BI, to see if I could get the lockbox of sweaters in the back of the truck. Plus, I had a revolver at 40%, 12 bullets, and no rifle cleaning kits, so I kind of wanted to get the condition up.

I found the lockbox in the spot where it spawns on Stalker, but no sign of the key in any of the cars that I think it's normally in. Is this just a question of the keys being potentially found in more places than I realize? Or do some lockboxes appear, but with no keys? Thanks!

1 hour ago, cullam said:

This question includes some mild spoilers, for mementos.

So, from my experiments so far, I know that some of the loot mementos are still there in Interloper, and that some are missing. But previously, if I had seen a lockbox, then the key for it should exist. This included one that contained a revolver, which is definitely not normally an interloper item!
Because I've failed to find a second light wool sweater in my current game, I took the risk of going to BI, to see if I could get the lockbox of sweaters in the back of the truck. Plus, I had a revolver at 40%, 12 bullets, and no rifle cleaning kits, so I kind of wanted to get the condition up.

I found the lockbox in the spot where it spawns on Stalker, but no sign of the key in any of the cars that I think it's normally in. Is this just a question of the keys being potentially found in more places than I realize? Or do some lockboxes appear, but with no keys? Thanks!

You mean the Momento Cache in the Truck northwest of the Cannery? They Key is available on Interloper.

I found it in a Car on the Bridge to the Cannery. And there have been a 100% Fisher sweater and a 40% Cowichan in it. Or vice versa. And i think the key has been on a Car at the Radio tower on another save. I'd re-check every car at those spots again.

So far the only Momento that i think is missing on Interloper is the one with tools in Milton.

Edited by Shadox

13 hours ago, cullam said:

I have checked every car.

Did you check again?  I've found that the key in the truck in Broken Railroad and the key in the car in Bleak Inlet sometimes don't show up the first time.  I've returned to the vehicle again and the key was there.  I don't know if it's a bug that the key didn't appear the first time, or a bug caused it to appear the second time.

14 hours ago, cullam said:

I have checked every car.

Same with me, beelined to Bleak Inlet lured by the prospect of a cowichan sweater on loper, quadruple checked every car. The key doesn't always spawn even though the lockbox is still there. Key is always inside a silver sedan, coming from the Worker Residences side from what I've gathered watching other players find it. That sedan sadly is not on the bridge in my save file, there's a red sedan without any keys on the visor in it's place. I might roll some muskeg spawns and try to make my way there to test across multiple saves if it has been removed/patched or if it's just random chance of getting the correct car to show up. 

• Upvote 1

I haven't gone back and checked them all. I'll re-check the ones on the bridge on my way out. Then the plan is to get the hell out of this forsaken map! (Timberwolves are absolutely BRUTAL on Interloper!)
Good to know about that particular key spawn, @Dan_

Edited by cullam

7 hours ago, Dan_ said:

Same with me, beelined to Bleak Inlet lured by the prospect of a cowichan sweater on loper, quadruple checked every car. The key doesn't always spawn even though the lockbox is still there. Key is always inside a silver sedan, coming from the Worker Residences side from what I've gathered watching other players find it. That sedan sadly is not on the bridge in my save file, there's a red sedan without any keys on the visor in it's place. I might roll some muskeg spawns and try to make my way there to test across multiple saves if it has been removed/patched or if it's just random chance of getting the correct car to show up. 

Incredible. I thought Momentos are fixed, not random. Damn, im freakin lucky in that case:D

3 hours ago, Shadox said:

Incredible. I thought Momentos are fixed, not random. Damn, im freakin lucky in that case:D

I can't make that affirmation with full confidence, it might very well be the case that the mementos were:

• Meant to be on Interloper, thus the missing keys are bugs/issues. ( Maybe something to do with the distinction between Stalker's random loot and Loper loot tables.
  • Not meant to be on Interloper, in which case it makes sense that the keys spawning is a bit hit and miss, it was never an intended feature. 

I honestly do wish the memento caches would be great additions to Interloper, they honestly don't make that much of a difference difficulty-wise and improve player experience a lot. I always play interloper, but with the rifle and tool variants I'm sincerely feeling that I'm missing out a bit on the fun. Gonna have to do a custom run to get my goodies. :D

Much of the reason that I've mostly played on Stalker is to have access to this wider variety of items. I only have one feat left to get, so I should really start making custom my default - walk interloper cold, loot frequency, damage, etc, but stalker item availability.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Master_Arne said:

Something fishy is going on in Bleak Inlet...

Interloper loot tables and some mementos on this settings have been bugged since the DLC update, even with patches there are still a lot of bugs.

For a example, you can still loot firearms, ammo and other items on fresh interloper runs. The loot tables are not working at 100% and i think mementos are related:

(Copied)

Hotfix v 2.04 (10574) (Dec 7)

Today's fixes listed below are for Steam PC/Linux and Epic Games Store PC.

• Fixed objects and textures appearing at lower resolution than intended when the game detail is set to "Low." Low-resolution textures can also be manually addressed by re-applying High or Ultra visual settings, which might have been reverted in the Expansion Pass Update.
  • Fixed an issue where TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY did not initialize correctly for some players when launching on Steam.
  • Fixed a number of locations in the Airfield Region and Long Rail Transition where players could become stuck.
  • Fixed an issue where items spawned unintentionally in Memento Caches on Interloper games. Items will consistently spawn correctly on new games.

It seems there are still minor bugs related to the mementos/loot tables, we are likely gonna get a fix on the next patch :coffee: