Is modding back yet?

piddy3825

Apparently Melonloader has been updated and the new version is available along with a few mods that have also been updated by their authors as well a couple of mods that weren't affected by the dlc.  

Has anyone gotten the new  Melonloader version up and running yet or is it still outta commisson?

Melonloader works, but you gotta install net. 6 runtime (otherwise it keeps on crashing)

Also something happened to modsetting since it keeps crashing due to a missing dependencies (which i can't find anywhere). Because of this, you can't play with 95% of the mods since modcomponent requires modsetting.

Only mods that work are the updated ones.

MelonLoader 0.6.0 (Alpha!!!) works fine now. The mods are another topic. Currently only the console and "Afraid of the dark" are updated. Everything else will not work (yet).

There are no roadblocks in updating (.... yet), it's just grindy work that takes some time. The fox will get the update maybe on the weekend or next week. Depends on the other mods I'm working on :D

Fancier modlist page is also coming, xpazeman did some awesome work on that and almost completely overhauled it.

The dependencies for ModSettings are not gone, but renamed. We already got a working alpha version of it to use, so that problem is at least internally solved so we can update our mods.

Edited by Digitalzombie
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, A Lamp said:

Melonloader works, but you gotta install net. 6 runtime (otherwise it keeps on crashing)

ahhh, that explains the problems I've been having in that case. 

Where do I need to go to get this net. 6 runtime and does it need to go into any specifc folder if you don't mind explaining?  please and thank you!

3 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

ahhh, that explains the problems I've been having in that case. 

Where do I need to go to get this net. 6 runtime and does it need to go into any specifc folder if you don't mind explaining?  please and thank you!

Net. 6 runtime can be downloaded on the microsoft website (or just search on google ''net. 6 runtime'' and you should find the page)

Once you're in, download either runtime 6 or 7 (not sure if melonloader works with 7, but i think it should). You don't need to save it in any specific folder since that app is just for installing the runtime. 

Open the app and then click on ''install'' (it might ask you for your authorization in making changes in your pc, if it does click on yes), and it's done!

One more thing, on the github issues page of melonloader one said that for some, even after installing this, melonloader still doesn't work (No idea why).

2 hours ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

I think I would too.  I suspect it does not spawn in interloper, though.  I haven't seen any item variants and I'm on day 400.  Doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

lol, we're talking about modding here.  Why couldn't you just use the dev console to warp one into your inventory?  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

That's a fair point, especially so because I have no problem installing the ambient lights or candle mod.

I actually love the subdued lighting the new lantern gives off.  It's a very nice soft light, actually adds so much ambience you'd be surprised!  

• Upvote 1

I need the Ambient Lights, Candles, Place Anywhere, BI bridge, and Remove Clutter.

But I think I will wait for the next bug fix version of TLD first. I am not at the moment ready to set up my bases yet. Still nomad around and looting. I forgot what a pigsty some cabins are!

• 3 weeks later...

Just recently, I decided to try mods again.  It had about 4 mods installed and things were looking good.  I was re-visiting BI after looting most of it.  When I loot a vehicle, I lift the hood to "mark" it as looted.  I was noticing car hoods were down.  I thought, "hmm...maybe I missed that one somehow" but there was no battery either (which happens).  I continued to find all vehicle hoods down (with no batteries) and car visors were also up.  Now I know something was amiss.  I lifted a hood, went into a trailer, came out and the hood was down!  This was happening on all "openable" containers (same with flare case in the cannery breakroom).  I uninstalled all mods and MelonLoader but it continued to happen.  Luckily, it appears to have been confined to BI.

I believe I will hold off a bit longer before modding.

Hi Piddy3825,

I have just been looking at mods for TFTFT today and was reminded of some of your arrangements with the  "Place Anywhere" mod.  They were brilliant.  I particuarly liked your turning the BR Hunting Lodge into a restaurant.  Others that you did were impressive too.  They must have taken a great deal of work.

Writing this has reminded me of some other scenes, I think arranged by hozz1235, with lights theatrically placed here there and everywhere. Those scenes might not have required a mod, but required a lot of racing around to grab the picture before the fires or lamps burnt out. They too were very good.

I am looking forward to seeing what the pair of you produce for TFTFT.  Will it be aircraft landing along a flare path, or will it be a candle lit Teddy Bear's Picnic 😉.

Edited by peteloud
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the kind words @peteloud!

I've always enjoyed playing in the sandbox and mocking up those scenes does take an exceptional amount of time and effort.  At this point, I can't wait for "remove clutter" and "better bases" to be reintroduced in my modding folder!  

As to lighting the runway with flares, you just might be onto something there...

• Upvote 1