Interloper experts..?

Robbiieeee

20 hours ago, Serenity said:

Even without beach combing there are huge amount of saplings in the world. Enough to last at least a thousand days. You don't need to live "forever".

Ash Canyon is a great source. Every possible sapling spawn there actually has one, whereas on other maps it's only a chance.

Yep, saplings are very abundant. I don't think I craft a second set of 15-20 arrows before day 200, you just don't need that many unless you are actively trying to rack up wolf kills for the stats page, which sadly got reset with the DLC. Fifteen saplings give you 45 arrows, at 4 animal shots per arrow that's a whole lot of meat and pelts to rack up. Even factoring everything like misses and lost arrows, everytime a new region is added you get a ton of extra saplings. Maybe that's some good science to be done, count how many birch exist in an Interloper world spawn. I'm conservatively guessing on the 200-230 range, probably more. 

I honestly recall having around 30 birch saplings sitting at the dam in my longest tenured and oldest save ( 700+ days )  before the DLC wipe. I was doing some beachcombing statistics for myself and had a pretty great time farming saplings, cloth and scrap. Birch shows up in crazy frequencies, every week I did the pilgrimage and beachcombed from CH to DP, waited a week and did it on the way back as well, I got at least one or two birch to show for it, plus some 2-3 pieces of metal and 4-5 cloth. If any firemaking item spawned in beachcombing, you could reasonably do a beachcombing + hammer only challenge run.

Edited by Dan_

3 hours ago, Paddyjack said:

Hmmm, my stats were not reset by the DLC, and I don't think they were supposed to either, according to dev's diaries so I'm not sure what happened with yours. 

Well they did reset and I'm sure that's not intended behaviour, but at the same time I really don't care. I still have my feats and challenge badges, which I do care about, so I'm good.

• Like 1

How goes it @Robbiieeee? There are lots of good tips in this thread but I'm gonna add my tuppence. I just started a new interloper game and matches were a struggle.

My advice on interloper is to move lots early game. Map knowledge is important for this obviously. Moving through the maps, hitting loot spots will keep you in food and steadily improve your gear. You can cover a lot of distance if you burn some condition.

I learnt interloper, at someones recommendation, by aiming to summit TWM by day 10. It teaches you how fast you can move and what gear really matters. Dont forget to drink coffee for those rope climbs and remember you move fastest when fully rested (so only run if you need to escape a threat to save your energy).

Good luck! Its worth the pain 🙂

Edited by Stone
Typos