Looting your own garage...

cullam

Fun community game: If you looted your own garage right now, what TLD inventory items would you find? (Feel free to substite with whatever storage you have access to, without cheating and going with "every single thing I own".

For me, I'd definitely have a hatchet and a buck knife. Some matches. I think all my heavy winter clothing is elsewhere in the house, so probably just some work gloves, clothing-wise. MAYBE my hiking boots (trail boots, in game) are currently there. Low quality tools. Some MREs. Cloth. A cooking pot.

No guns, as I live in Canada, and such things are fairly rare. No research books. So a decent haul, but not exactly a loot pinata! How does your storage space look?

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2022 at 8:50 PM, cullam said:

No guns, as I live in Canada, and such things are fairly rare.

Well, I also live in Canada (remote rural area in BC) and looting my garage gives me a .22 rifle, a 12ga shotgun (8+1, pump), a 30-30, and a sniper-style rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor (I can hit a beer can from 1.5km away with it!)

😁

Edited by Kranium
  • Upvote 1

I live in Norway, now, I don't keep my rifle in my garage, that would break our gun laws. However, for the sake of argument, lets say I did. That would leave a 6.5x55 rifle, fishing tackle, plenty of firewood, quality tools, combat pants (actually my chainsaw pants) and a fridge with soda cans (beer).

I keep my axes and knives in my tool room in the basement, as well as my various sharpening stones.

Edited by Jotunheim

I think I'd rather have your loot, Jotunheim, since you have beer.

(FWIW, the garage is attached to the house, and the firearms are in a large fire-proof safe. Although in our case it's not required for some of our guns, as it's legal to have them "on hand" when it comes to having livestock to protect)

• Like 2

That would be 3 Kg of coke, a large freezer (incl 2 corpses), a safe with a few papers ... nothing really compromising ... erm ... maybe pics from the maire with that hot hooty one he he ... ok and a couple account books.

Well that's all ... unless you ask what's under that locked hatch on the floor, but you won't dare would you ?

• Upvote 2

Tools:

Hacksaw, heavy hammer, full jerry can,  fishing tackle, quality tools, prybar, storm lantern, flashlight, wood matches, accelerant(bbq lighter fluid), hatchet, can opener, spray paint, charcoal.

Clothing:

Work boots, trail boots, ski gloves, wool mittens. 

Materials:

LOTS of cloth. A literal ton of reclaimable wood, stump remover, 2 car batteries,.

Food:

Around 35 Military-Grade MREs. Various snacks like nut bars and salty crackers. Canned dog food. Coffee.

Plus right outside you can find birch saplings and bark.

Edited by wilsonaka
  • Upvote 2

Not a single weapon, 2 hacksaws, a heavy hammer, some iron I could use to repair 2-3 times, quality tools (2 red boxes), snowpants *3, ski jackets (4 or 5), ski shoes, wool toques, a profusion of clothes (not all hot), repair and ski gloves, sewing kits (5 or 6, can't remember), several bottles of distilled water, if wine counts I'll never be short of grapejuice ! With all the glass I have, I think I could improvise a crude knife. Add to that a climbing rope, crampons, and reclaimed wood in abundance ! 3 bedrolls, 4 lighters with oil, I even have 3 wind-kites from which I can take the lines and combine with the thousand of needles stored here to make a never-ending supply of fish-tackles...

Nothing to eat though... I need to think of that ^^

I also got several kg of lead, but don't ask why, you'd need to go behind JMK's locked hatch ;)

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Kranium said:

I think I'd rather have your loot, Jotunheim, since you have beer.

(FWIW, the garage is attached to the house, and the firearms are in a large fire-proof safe. Although in our case it's not required for some of our guns, as it's legal to have them "on hand" when it comes to having livestock to protect)

I should add that while we also have every tool under the sun in our garage (axes hammers hand saws chainsaws a machete various fire starters & accelerants) we have no clothes or food out there. So I'd start out naked trying to find clothes & food. My region would be Hushed River Valley. Not liking my odds right now LOL

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Kranium said:

Well, I also live in Canada (remote rural area in BC) and looting my garage gives me a .22 rifle, a 12ga shotgun (8+1, pump), a 30-30, and a sniper-style rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor (I can hit a beer can from 1.5km away with it!)

😁

To be fair, such things TOTALLY are around in Canada! They're just not the default, and the majority of garages would have none. Some of course, absolutely would. But to an American audience, it might seem slightly odd that I own a garage, but have no firearms. 

• Like 1

Alas, I neither have a garage nor a separate storage space. The building where I live has parking spaces to put your car, there aren't individual garages. So, in this situation I would have to loot my car, and I wouldn't find much: some matches, work gloves, a thin vest, painkillers, a flashlight, some pieces of cloth, and that's basically it. I wouldn't survive for long in this real-life version of The Long Dark, LOL! 

Tools I have: Hatchet, knives, whetstone, hacksaw, crowbar, can opener, stones, fishing tackle, flashlight, fire starter, and matches.

Tools I Don't have: Any firearms (live in Canada), no bow, and no distress pistol either. No bedroll, or lantern.

Clothing: Toque, scarf, balaclava, gauntlets (kinda), hoodie, simple parka, wool longjohns, snow pants, wool socks, insulated boots, ear muffs

Food: About 2 months worth of canned food in the pantry (assuming I will be surviving with my fiancée, and roommate). As for water, about the same, but I guess we can just boil snow.

First aid: Bandages, sewing kit (suture), antiseptic, painkillers.

Edited by APixelatedLemon

Don't have a garage, or car. Have a storage space in the basement of the apartment building, but it's just full of empty cardboard boxes, for the next time I eventually move places. So I guess all I have is Tinder material. In orher words nothing after Fire starting 3 has been reached.

Edited by Mistral
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, cattailstalker said:

You'd need a really high condition prybar and/or lots of memento keys to access it, though!

They don’t make doors like they used to… just kick around the area of the doorknob a few times and it should give way.

(Disclaimer: Don’t try this just on my say-so!)

11 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

By the way, Fallout or Stalker reference? Probably Fallout…

lol I just looked up an appropriate image on Google search.  
I was thinking specifically of episode 4 and the mine in BLK.  The picture does have a couple of my wish list items though, gas mask and binoculars.  That would be awesome to have in game.  

But to be fair, my bug out bag set up looks pretty similar to this guy….

• Upvote 2

Tools I have: hammers, bow, arrows, .22 rifle, rifle rounds, axes, pickaxes, hacksaw, crowbar, lots of stones, fishing tackle, flashlight, flaregun, flare shells, marine flares, prybars, can opener, quality tools, lantern, firestriker, hunting knife, strong rope, and bedroll.

Tools I don't have: Umm... none? I think I have every tool in The Long Dark and them some?

Clothing: simple parka, T-shirt, thin wool sweater, trail boots, work boots, sneakers, work gloves, jeans, cargo pants, snow pants, wool socks, wool toque, windbreaker, ski jacket, down vest. No long underwear, it simply doesn't get cold enough where I live.

Food: There's probably enough canned food lying around for about a week. After that you'd have to start collecting mussels, clams, or something like that. I don't have any pop, and very little water, though you could take it out of the well with a bucket.

First Aid: some bandages, antiseptic, sewing kit, and painkillers.

• Upvote 1

Merry Christmas everyone! ❤️

My family tends to keep our cars in the garage, so, there wouldn't be much in terms of the tools or clothing since that's in the basement. However, we do keep soups and other food there in the winter when we don't have enough room in the fridge. Something that can be used as accelerant. I guess cloth to wipe the windshield inside the car and some notebooks. The car itself to rest in would make good shelter.

• Upvote 1

Hmm my garden shed almost copy the Long Dark equipment.

Tools: hatchet, knive, heavy hammer, hacksaw, jerry can with fuel and lot of charcoal (enough to map our district I think)

Clothes: kevlar reinforced boots, kevlar reinforced pants, kevlar reinforcer hoodie, windbreaker,  somethink you can call parka and leather work gloves

No firearms due laws. And if I had permission, these cannot be stored in the shed.

Other than that it is mix of stuff, which of course could be re-purposed. For example the chainsaw and powerwash for defending my home and cleaning the traces after that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 8:41 PM, Semple Fi said:

image.thumb.jpg.f7abd6b365b05b2e2df4af510a4c5872.jpg

found this on interloper….

A chainsaw on Interloper! You lucky fellow... 

I do have no garage. The basement has a variety of tools (heavy hammer, hacksaw, hatchet, prybar, knife, lantern, fuel), canned food and a bow with arrows. And there are some pinball machines - I am ready for the next aurora.

Edited by mfuegemann
typo