The Long Dark Updated to v2.03 [105581]

Admin

1680440224_Hotfix-SteamLibrarySpotlight.thumb.png.eec5cb09a2e9049df5f97a60c85347ae.png

Note: Thread is closed. For a list of current Known Issues and Updates for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, please visit: 

Survivors, thank you for your patience as we navigate the release of our first Expansion Pass, TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY. 

We can confirm that a more comprehensive change list is coming, however, we have released the v2.03 (105581) Hotfix to address a couple of key issues in the new Expansion. 

GENERAL FIXES

• Fixed an issue where new rifle variants appeared lined up inside a trailer by Carter Hydro Dam in the new Updated Survival Mode. 

MORE INFORMATION

• Please note that if you previously purchased THE LONG DARK, you will not need to re-purchase WINTERMUTE. If WINTERMUTE is not showing up in your library on Steam, please right-click on Properties for THE LONG DARK, ensure WINTERMUTE is selected, and restart Steam.  
  • Please note that the Mac build isn't currently live for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, and Mac players should not attempt to download the update.
  • As a reminder, your previous Survival saves WILL NOT work with the game once it has been updated. This is true even if you don't buy the Expansion Pass. You will, however, be able to continue to use your current Save Games on an older version of the game on Steam, using our Time Capsule feature. Since this is an older version, you won't have access to any of the new content or enhancements that are going into both the Base Game, and the Expansion Pass. 

For more information, please visit the Expansion Pass FAQ: https://www.thelongdark.com/expansion/faq/

Thank you for your ongoing patience and support. Please remember to visit our Support Portal if you encounter any issues while playing the game.

• Upvote 3

Why did this all happen?  Surely you tested everything before release?  Seems like really bad PR.  Also wondering why the graphics aren't working properly for many players including myself.  Signs are not showing information and many items are not showing as they should.  Thanks!  https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/3720566504397416012/

Edited by Alastair
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hozz1235 said:

Must be very upsetting to have all this excitement and not be able to partake in it - I feel for all of you :(

To be honest I was looking forward to seeing the new mechanics and refreshes while I wait for the dlc but I love this game so I'm happy to wait . It'll give htl time to sort out some of the bugs too. 

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

To be honest I was looking forward to seeing the new mechanics and refreshes while I wait for the dlc but I love this game so I'm happy to wait . It'll give htl time to sort out some of the bugs too. 

I would prefer they actually delay the "free update" on console to coincide with the release of the DLC AND give us a definitive release date for the consoles well in advance of it.  That way, if we start something new now on the old system, we can still play AND have a chance to do a formal "goodbye" to that last character in the old game.  As it stands now, we have no idea when our old save files will become unplayable AND no way to get around that issue by going back into a time capsule.  It does make it seem that we, on console, are second-tier players - our unique issues are afterthoughts to HL.

4 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I would prefer they actually delay the "free update" on console to coincide with the release of the DLC AND give us a definitive release date for the consoles well in advance of it.  That way, if we start something new now on the old system, we can still play AND have a chance to do a formal "goodbye" to that last character in the old game.  As it stands now, we have no idea when our old save files will become unplayable AND no way to get around that issue by going back into a time capsule.  It does make it seem that we, on console, are second-tier players - our unique issues are afterthoughts to HL.

We do have the advantage of not needing to update at all until we want to. I know some if not most on pc had it automatically installed.  We do tend to get left behind a bit .I know it's part Microsoft though too.   But it would be nice if we were considered a bit more than we are.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

We do have the advantage of not needing to update at all until we want to. I know some if not most on pc had it automatically installed.  We do tend to get left behind a bit .I know it's part Microsoft though too.   But it would be nice if we were considered a bit more than we are.

Not really, if your Xbox is connected at all to the internet such that you're playing on a Xbox Live profile (which most people are), the games insist you update them before they will launch.  The only way to play an outdated game is to take your Xbox completely offline (and then some games won't launch unless you are connected so they can verify the DRM - an issue that can be further compounded if you are not trying to play it on your "home" (or primary) Xbox.

ETA:  I also can't remember whether or not HL made TLD available thorugh the Game Pass (which of course is online play only) and would further muddy the waters regarding this sort of update and DLC release.

Edited by UpUpAway95

7 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Not really, if your Xbox is connected at all to the internet such that you're playing on a Xbox Live profile (which most people are), the games insist you update them before they will launch.  The only way to play an outdated game is to take your Xbox completely offline (and then some games won't launch unless you are connected so they can verify the DRM).

I only go online if I'm playing a certain game that needs it . I've never been online when I'm about to or are playing tld except by accident.. I did once try to play forgetting it was on and it told me I needed to update but I just quit and took it offline until a later more convenient time.   It shouldn't force you to update anything by refusing to launch the game in my experience. But I am a disc user not digital so maybe that's the difference?

Edited by Leeanda

Just now, Leeanda said:

I only go online if I'm playing a certain game that needs it . I've never been online when I'm about to or are playing tld.  I did once try to play forgetting it was on and it told me I needed to update but I just quit and took it offline until a later more convenient time.   It shouldn't force you to update anything by refusing to launch the game in my experience. But I am a disc user not digital so maybe that's the difference?

Probably... my copy is digital.

Just now, UpUpAway95 said:

Probably... my copy is digital.

I do have some downloaded games on my console but I find they tend to have more problems so I'm loathe to buy a digital console. The boxed games will probably outlast several generations of consoles.

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I do have some downloaded games on my console but I find they tend to have more problems so I'm loathe to buy a digital console. The boxed games will probably outlast several generations of consoles.

I like having digital versions now, since I frequently change games and I can do that without walking across the room to the console to change discs (and the Xbox X has a quick resume feature that makes moving between games instantaneous).  I'm OK with an added delay on the "free update" (for the now seemingly minor changes it makes), but I would really love a firm date rather than just getting the "TLD requires an update" message some random day - tomorrow or a month from now - when I try to launch the game.  I do have the manual ability to accept or postpone an update, but a postponement just allows me to manage bandwidth costs more efficiently.  It means I can't play the games with updates available until I allow them to update.

Edited by UpUpAway95

5 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I like having digital versions now, since I frequently change games and I can do that without walking across the room to the console to change discs (and the Xbox X has a quick resume feature that makes moving between games instantaneous).  I'm OK with an added delay on the "free update" (for the now seemingly minor changes it makes), but I would really love a firm date rather than just getting the "TLD requires an update" message some random day - tomorrow or a month from now - when I try to launch the game.  I do have the manual ability to accept or postpone an update, but a postponement just allows me to manage bandwidth costs more efficiently.  It means I can't play the games with updates available until I allow them to update.

I agree.  A definite date would be better. Everything seems to be more of a mess at the moment so I'm happy to wait as well.

26 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I agree.  A definite date would be better. Everything seems to be more of a mess at the moment so I'm happy to wait as well.

Out of curiosity, I checked the Microsoft Store and TLD is also included with the Game Pass... oh, this is getting messier... don't envy HL.  I wonder whether or not the Game Pass will include the DLC at all?

Edited by UpUpAway95

28 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I noticed it on game pass this morning.   

I might just wait until it's all sorted out.

That's really all we can do... just wait it out.  I think I'll just play one of my other games until I see that "needs an update" message.  Rather than getting a more ceremonial end, this last Will of mine will just "fade into cyberspace" on some unknown date.

15 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

That's really all we can do... just wait it out.  I think I'll just play one of my other games until I see that "needs an update" message.  Rather than getting a more ceremonial end, this last Will of mine will just "fade into cyberspace" on some unknown date.

That's why I'm just mucking about. I'm doing a stalker custom run and treating it like my usual pilgrim runs.  I'll probably die a lot between now and update time.🙂

23 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

but I would really love a firm date rather than just getting the "TLD requires an update" message some random day - tomorrow or a month from now

I would certainly hope HL would give a date as soon as they have one, not just pop it on you. <shrug>

• Upvote 1