You been playing all day too? First impressions, find anthing or glitchy or what?

piddy3825

31 minutes ago, peteloud said:

No, it is not a cheat.  If you go to "Key Bindings" you will see that it is there.

Cheating by backing-up my saves is the only cheat of which I approve. I felt that HTL had got it wrong with Permadeath.   I was delighted to see that HTL seems to accept that saving was a necessary facility.  Are there any players apart from newbies who don't backup their saves?

Yes. Console users. We don't have that option.

3 hours ago, past caring said:

So just experienced some weird electrical storm type thing. Indoors - lights come on etc like the aurora. Go outside and it's midday - but cloud and mist everywhere......

Are you in FA?  Gimmer Fog does that. 

Kind of helpful really for using the Hangar Basement.

Edited by hozz1235

On 12/6/2022 at 6:46 PM, ajb1978 said:

Has anyone noticed that Stags yield more meat than Does? I just shot my first Stag of the run, and it had 12.1kg of meat!!

I shot a Doe earlier and it had 8.1, which was fairly normal.

I noticed this too and in the interview with Raph and Katie they did mention that the size difference would mean a difference in the amount of meat.  

Is there any way to avoid glimmer fog? Indoors, in a cave, underground, nothing seems to work. The only thing I haven't tried is that basement of the main hangar, which is impossible since the region is FAR too large to get there from anywhere else, unless you're already right there.

Edit: Finally lucked out and was able to get back to the hangar. The basement does begin to steadily reduce Insomnia risk. While I wish there were more locations available, at least Insomnia isn't too bad of an affliction. I never actually got woken up in the middle of the night.

Edited by ajb1978

I've been enjoying it so far.  there's a change in the loot on the Summit of TWM and it just seems to make more sense.  I'm also finding some of the tableaux with dead bodies amusing.   TWM seems warmer, but that might be because I'm usually there after a couple hundred days have gone by.  As mentioned in one of the FAQ (or interviews it all blurs :)) rifles are a whole lot rarer.  All in all, if it weren't for the really weird graphical glitches I'd be in heaven. Just a guess here, but I suspect the transit to the Far Territory may feel less empty once the cougar is in the game. 

3 hours ago, peteloud said:

No, it is not a cheat.  If you go to "Key Bindings" you will see that it is there.

Cheating by backing-up my saves is the only cheat of which I approve. I felt that HTL had got it wrong with Permadeath.   I was delighted to see that HTL seems to accept that saving was a necessary facility.  Are there any players apart from newbies who don't backup their saves?

I don't back them up.  I suspect the key binding is a relic from when Wintermute and Survival were the same game.  

It's been a while since I was playing Stalker but I feel like I am getting fatigued much faster, especially from sprinting, than it used to be. Anyone experienced the same? In Interloper I deliberately sprinted all the time to get as drained as possible when bedtime comes but on my Stalker (and Pilrgrim) run after the update I am completely drained after 4-5 ingame hours of walking and some sprinting.

Also, I haven't been there in a long time but have there always be so many blizzards in Broken Railroad? I am camping at the hunting lodge, waiting for some hides to cure and there is almost always a blizzard going on, worse than I ever experienced in PV. 8h blizzard, 2h calm, 8 blizzard again, 4h calm, every single day (around day 20ish).

• Upvote 1

@ChillPlayerfunny you mentioned it. I am playing voyager. Started in Milton. First thing I noticed, my Astrid seems to be more exhausted than usual. And the weather. 3 blizzards in first 4 days. Day 5 was OK and there was thick fog during whole day 6. I dont like fog. Unlike blizzard, it encourages you to travel, but mostly towards nearest open mouth with many teeth.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, peteloud said:

This is very tiring.

30 minutes ago, Mistral said:

This is very tiring.

I do back my saves as well. For one purpose only. Not for defeating permadeath. But there can be bugs in the game. And if such bug kills my character, I feel not cheating using my older save. Plus recently (before wipe) I started game and faced message that the save cannot be loaded. So I went back few saves and continued with my run.

• Upvote 2

Back to Forsaken Airfield. Now that I've explored about 70% of the map I must say I'm really digging it. Was pretty lukewarm to the new transer zone and transer hub, and even to this one at first, the road up to the first trailer was pretty tame. It didn't even seem as if there was any wildlife. But after that I've learned that this map has a really nice barren character to it. The airfield has unique feel to it as does the big open space. The island cottage is lovely. Just spent a night inside and next to helicopter in the middle of woods at the other side of the map during 14 hour blizzard and it was great. It's not quite PV feel but almost. The wolf patrol routes seem to change as well. There was a (buggy) bear and moose, too.

The only thing I'm really missing, besides having cougars and whatnot, is knowing what's the actual reason in coming here. I mean you need to add some special items and/or features to this place if you are playing the long game. There's a reason to go to Ash Canyon or Blackrock etc, what's it for here, other than "general loot"? I mean you have a forge but there's now a bunch of them anyway on the western side of the world.

Well maybe that'll be updated in time. Also, if there is to be special stuff here, I think it should be far in the wilderness, not just in the airfield complex.

Edited by Mistral

33 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Pv sounds like a walk in the park compared to the airfield.

No AF is very easy to survive, probably the easiest of all maps. Think FM minus ice, wolves and bears plus fog. There are some wolves but they are very easy to go around to the extend that they barely matter.

Yeah, it's not very difficult. But then again only very few maps are (Bleak Inlet, Crumbling Highway, HRV if loot and plants and animals are set to minimum)

That island cottage is gonna look really pretty if you later get safehouse customization for that. We need more of these "semi-indoors" on solid locations, thankfully we now have more than just the Mountaineers hut. Same with the train station.

Edited by Mistral

16 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

No AF is very easy to survive, probably the easiest of all maps. Think FM minus ice, wolves and bears plus fog. There are some wolves but they are very easy to go around to the extend that they barely matter.

I meant the weather.🙂.   Even the Devs said it was harsher than pv.

16 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It seems pretty similar so far

But all of this talk of region harshness, one can always make every one of them (even Milton) hard with self-imposed region limitations and custom settings. In fact it would be pretty logical to region-limit yourself to Far Terrirories only now and never even look at the Eastern Great Bear. And different modes can change the dynamics between maps too. For example, starting NOGOA/Deadman has famously been easier at HRV than at ML, because of the (previously) guaranteed matches and bedrolls of HRV, while at ML you didn't necessarily have access to even water, other than at the Dam toilets

Edited by Mistral

9 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I probably haven't spend long enough time there, I left the place after 7 days or so but even with less than ideal cloths I rarely felt cold and didn't experience many blizzards, main obstacle was the fog.

4 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

I probably haven't spend long enough time there, I left the place after 7 days or so but even with less than ideal cloths I rarely felt cold and didn't experience many blizzards, main obstacle was the fog.

Sounds like you got lucky .  

Can I ask?  Is insomnia and the fog removable on the settings?

12 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

How did you manage to tour the entire map in 7 days? It's massive.

(IThen again I have to look into each corner. And the 12-14 hour blizzards kinda stop you advancing.)

Edited by Mistral

29 minutes ago, Mistral said:

How did you manage to tour the entire map in 7 days? It's massive.

(IThen again I have to look into each corner. And the 12-14 hour blizzards kinda stop you advancing.)

Partly because I knew where to go after exploring first in Pilgrim but I've also only been to the edge of the map. I went from the hangar to the two cliff houses and the cave, skipped final approach and then went to BRR because I couldn't find any firearms.

I've completely mapped TF though, will this be DLC hub region? I thought AF will be the hub but there are many named deadends in TF which it seems will connect to another region in the future.

I plan to come back to AF once I've been to AC, preferably after some more content drops.

On 12/7/2022 at 9:14 AM, ChillPlayer said:

No glitch, IIRC this has always been the case with new regions. You only get to select it as a spawn point once you found it yourself ingame.

This is not true, you certainly have been able to spawn into new regions immediately before, at least from since Bleak Inlet. Before that I don't remember. For example, see this (very first spawn into AC) 

The reason they didn't do the same for this time round looks to be to emphatisize this being different zone in the world. (Though TBH if they really wanted to underline this, the trek there should've been much harder and longer, just as they were advertising. As it is Keepers Pass is harder + seems longer than this...)

Edited by Mistral