You been playing all day too? First impressions, find anthing or glitchy or what?

piddy3825

12 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

yesterday when I launched the first time, there was no option to spawn into the new regions. but I believe after the midday update, now a player is able too.
perhaps the new areas are contingent on having at least crossed into the new are from Broken Railroad via the transition areas once before it's opened up as a selected spawn area, but I think, the update yesterday fixed that as it was probably a glitch.  anyways, I just jumped back onto the game and now I have an option to launch directly in the area.  go figure, eh?

Whereabouts in Broken Railroad is the transition to the Airfield? - I'll give that a go......

Thank you for the feedback! As a reminder, please file tickets via our Support Portal if you run into any real bugs or game-breaking issues: hinterlandgames.com/support

Thank you for playing, and keep sharing your adventures in the Far Territory!  

7 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

perhaps the new areas are contingent on having at least crossed into the new are from Broken Railroad via the transition areas once before it's opened up as a selected spawn area, but I think, the update yesterday fixed that as it was probably a glitch.

No glitch, IIRC this has always been the case with new regions. You only get to select it as a spawn point once you found it yourself ingame.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

No glitch, IIRC this has always been the case with new regions. You only get to select it as a spawn point once you found it yourself ingame.

makes sense.  been so long since I've explored a new region, I've forgotten how it worked...  

14 hours ago, Admin said:

Thank you for the feedback! As a reminder, please file tickets via our Support Portal if you run into any real bugs or game-breaking issues: hinterlandgames.com/support

Thank you for playing, and keep sharing your adventures in the Far Territory!  

Hey Admin, just curious but the new region seems completely empty of wildlife except for rabbits. 
Is this a glitch that should be reported or is this what y'all had in mind?

I've seen some issues with interactions not triggering properly. Not just with old man's beard, but also pots on stoves

I sometimes have some strange texture pop in on large rocks.

39 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Hey Admin, just curious but the new region seems completely empty of wildlife except for rabbits. 

The transition regions are very barren. That's probably intentional though there would be room. The airfield is overall very empty, but it's an astronomically large map. There are rabbits, wolves, deer and I've also seen a bear.

I haven't see many saplings. Three birch. Three maple. Very different from Ash Canyon where every possible sapling spawn location has one (rather than being semi-randomized like on other maps)

Edited by Serenity

21 minutes ago, Serenity said:

I've seen some issues with interactions not triggering properly. Not just with old man's beard, but also pots on stoves

I sometimes have some strange texture pop in on large rocks.

The transition regions are very barren. That's probably intentional though there would be room. The airfield is overall very empty, but it's an astronomically large map. There are rabbits, wolves, deer and I've also seen a bear.

I haven't see many saplings. Three birch. Three maple. Very different from Ash Canyon where every possible sapling spawn location has one (rather than being semi-randomized like on other maps)

hmm, interesting.  I launched the game I'm currently playing just as soon as the DLC unlocked.  In my game, not only is there no wildlife in the new area except for rabbits, but I also have yet to find a single firearm.  I got plenty of bullets though...  

17 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Has anyone noticed that Stags yield more meat than Does? I just shot my first Stag of the run, and it had 12.1kg of meat!!

I shot a Doe earlier and it had 8.1, which was fairly normal.

Yeah, that was mentioned somewhere (Shack news article?) and is realistic.

21 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Yeah, that was mentioned somewhere (Shack news article?) and is realistic.

what really woulda been cool is that since does are inherently smaller, that it would take 3 doe hides to make a pair of boots or a pair of pants!  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I could of swore I read somewhere where someone was attacked by a cougar in Ash Canyon.

Nah, someone just thought they heard a noise.

Anyhow... it just goes to show how poorly communicated the first changes to the DLC were.

2 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

what really woulda been cool is that since does are inherently smaller, that it would take 3 doe hides to make a pair of boots or a pair of pants!  

The most interesting thing about the does to me is that since they are smaller, from far distance they kinda look like wolves. Especially at night. I actually have to use the fisheye lens to make sure of it quite often.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mistral said:

The most interesting thing about the does to me is that since they are smaller, from far distance they kinda look like wolves. Especially at night. I actually have to use the fisheye lens to make sure of it quite often.

lol, right?  Especially when they are walking towards you.
on the other hand, it really helps to make sure your screen or monitor is really clean!  That way you can see the "brown" color better at a distance!

• Upvote 1

Is anyone having a problem with F5, Quicksave?

I am trying to delay playing TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY until the initial bugs are sorted out, but couldn't resist trying ,Ver. 2.03.

I found that F5, Quicksave wasn't  working on my good, Dell XPS Laptop.  Usually I play TLD on my DELL Desktop and haven't yet tried it on that system.  Is there a problem with Quicksave, or is it just a quirk of my laptop?

Edited by peteloud

2 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Just came across an odd sound.  Exploring further, I saw the breath then noticed the bear...sleeping on top of the rock!

I'm torn between laughing and being terrified! I'm so glad you worked it out, I'd have gone blundering in and woken him up. This is definitely a classic moment. Love it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

hmm, interesting.  I launched the game I'm currently playing just as soon as the DLC unlocked.  In my game, not only is there no wildlife in the new area except for rabbits, but I also have yet to find a single firearm.  I got plenty of bullets though...  

update, okay never mind...  the wolf pack just showed to terrorize my continued efforts to explore the airfield!  I guess I'm gonna get to make that coat a lot sooner than I thought, eh?

1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

Wait… there actually is a quicksave?!

Or is it a cheat (cough) mod like those you so fervently decry?

No, it is not a cheat.  If you go to "Key Bindings" you will see that it is there.

Cheating by backing-up my saves is the only cheat of which I approve. I felt that HTL had got it wrong with Permadeath.   I was delighted to see that HTL seems to accept that saving was a necessary facility.  Are there any players apart from newbies who don't backup their saves?

Edited by peteloud