THE FLOUR IS REEEEEEEEEEEEAL

15 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Umm… I hate to spoil everyone’s fun, but I don’t think we’re getting anything fancy. We will most likely be able to make hardtack or ship’s biscuits, unless we can find some yeast somewhere.

Ummm... pancakes don't need yeast and they are a HL tradition, after all... and we already have the syrup. 😀

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

I’ve done enough cooking to know that :D. I just don’t think that we’re going to be able to make anything like that, unless we get a frying pan.

Oh, I think I could probably cook one in the 2L cooking pot in a pinch... and we already have the syrup! 😀

15 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Crumbled into water and thickened with flour and rose hips (for color) into a roux over an open fire, this would be disgusting… but ketchup is ketchup 😋.

If that's one of the new recipes then I'm going to wonder how you knew it.😁

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Sugar beets? Pleasant Valley Orchards? Idk if there's a wild sugar source. Otherwise it keeps forever so it might just be a non renewable item only found in kitchens. 

Maybe🙂.   Or A rare jar or two of honey would work too.  It never goes off  and smeared on a nice moose steak would taste yummy 😋

• Upvote 2

On 12/1/2022 at 6:58 AM, conanjaguar said:

Umm… I hate to spoil everyone’s fun, but I don’t think we’re getting anything fancy. We will most likely be able to make hardtack or ship’s biscuits, unless we can find some yeast somewhere.

You don't need to find yeast, yeast finds you!

• Like 2