Strategy for beginning again

I'm not good enough to survive long in Interloper mode, but I suspect the new regions will be harder than what I've experienced before in Stalker mode. And that cougar worries me. I want to be prepared before I enter them. With the refreshed loot tables and themed supplies (love it!), obtaining what I need will be challenging. Here's my plan:

I'll start in Ash Canyon for the technical backpack, crampons, and bearskin coat. (Will they be there?) Then move to Timberwolf Mountain for the better clothing and other supplies. (Again, what's in the containers and will there even be containers in TWM?) Then on to Pleasant Valley or Mystery Lake where I *guess* the new connectors will be attached.

Your suggestions?

I'm actually going to be doing a random start...so who knows where I'll end up.

Though I will say it seems to default to more often than not...the latest region released.

If I am close to P.V. or TWM I will start the same way as you. P.V. plane crash...onto TWM...but stopping in Ash Canyon first...then summit.

Then across to Mystery Lake...and through to- (I can't say because Hinterland revealed where the new connector is on the Expansion page so go there if you want to be spoiled).

I'm going to start on "Pilgrim" and most likely will stay there for exploratory runs (or forever ☺️). Will probably do a random start, but ... if it's HRV, will re-do.

Quite worried about getting lost, as I have terrible directional sense/memory - in both games and real life - so the added pressure of finding & returning to shelter in an unknown territory is challenge enough.

Would like to feel "safe" as far as gear, clothing and other supplies before setting off for new territories.

Am definitely excited to see where this will lead ... but, since my daughter plays on PC, and I'm on console she'll probably be spoilering me even if I pretend I don't want any pre-play tips.

Best of Luck to All!

(I'd say "Break a Leg" as we used to in theater, but that might be too close to spraining everything you possibly can!)

• Upvote 2

No idea.  First thing to do is to sort out whether or not I'm going to buy the expansion, so I'll probably sit down with some reviews and watch some gameplay.  (I'm really bad at avoid spoilers anyways.)  Since it's coming out a month or so later on Xbox, I'll have plenty of time to decide on things.  Then, depending on how sweeping the changes are, I'll probably dive into some runs with different custom settings to be decided in that moment... maybe easing on any new things one at a time rather than all at once (if there are toggles to enable/disable them available).

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, turtle777 said:

There is some speculation that cougars will only be out at night, since they are nocturnal.

I hate traveling in at night, so if that's true, it's not a worry for me.

-t

They are actually considered Crepuscular.

They are most active at night...but are also active at Dawn and Dusk as well.

Also since the Aurora, TLD's animals don't act like normal animals would so I'd have my head on a swivel stick at all times.