Watch Now: TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY TRAILER, Roadmap, and Launch Date

Admin

19 hours ago, Arbor said:

Is an overhaul of the firestarting system still planned? It's mentioned in the steam store page but not in the roadmap.

Hope so. The fire starting chance percentages are weird and also too easy. Starting fires with lit torches should be eliminated (or at least modified) and match spawn rates reduced dramatically...

Well at the very least no guaranteed match locations, which is actually something we might actually be getting now.

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mistral said:

Hope so. The fire starting chance percentages are weird and also too easy. Starting fires with lit torches should be eliminated (or at least modified) and match spawn rates reduced dramatically...

Why shouldn't you be able to start a fire when you already have a torch burning? And regarding the match spawn rate: on which difficulty do you play? Reducing the spawn rate of matches dramatically would kill Interloper as a mode oO. Remember, you can adjust the settings in your game via the Custom Game Mode if you are unsatisfied with your experience.

Well at the very least no guaranteed match locations, which is actually something we might actually be getting now.

This is something that would be interesting and maybe will be part of the custom options

5 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

...English please?

RegentRelic replied to the other guy who was asking when it will come for console. Relic said, it will come to consoles, despite a few months later. Xbox first, then PS and after that switch.

If something like that happens in the future again, you can google translate it for you. For easy sentences it should be good enough :)

Edited by Karl Grylls

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the camera  will work.  Sounds interesting.😊 

Anyone got any  thoughts on this?

The roadmap icon for base customisation is a picture frame.  My guess is that you can print custom photos to place around your home- there are lots of photos in most existing houses of identifiable in-game locations, so this could just be a logical extension of that.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

The roadmap icon for base customisation is a picture frame.  My guess is that you can print custom photos to place around your home- there are lots of photos in most existing houses of identifiable in-game locations, so this could just be a logical extension of that.

I never thought of that.  It would be nice to add your own pictures into your base.    It might get a bit full after a 1000+ days run though. Especially if you use the mod as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On the roadmap it says, these are some of the possible things that might come in the DLC in December. So it's not sure if we get the photo/picture mode in the first update. From what the steam page says we will get the travel zone and the airfield for sure. And since it was seen in the trailer, i think it's safe to say the doe. Furthermore i believe safehouse customization also, but not sure. But any other content is still written in the stars. We will find out on the 5th

Edited by Karl Grylls

I've been away from the game for a long time, but will buy the Expansion on the first day it's out.  Everything in it looks exciting.

The only mis-step, for me, is "The Trader".  Not sure what it is, but if it's a person, I think that spoils one of the atmospheric gems of TLD's survival mode: the loneliness.

• Upvote 6
  • Like 2