Watch Now: TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY TRAILER, Roadmap, and Launch Date

Admin

Survivors, mark your calendars and get ready to expand your adventures in the Quiet Apocalypse. 

TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY launches on Steam and Epic Games Store on December 5th, 2022 (and on PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch in early 2023). Look ahead at fantastic upcoming content in the campaign Roadmap, and don't miss the full trailer below, featuring a glimpse at new Regions, new Gameplay, and new objective-based Tales. 

TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is the first paid expansion pass for Survival Mode in THE LONG DARK. Releasing in multiple drops over the course of a 12-month campaign, the expansion will significantly add to the world of Great Bear Island and the game’s core Survival foundation. 

Want to be notified at launch? Add TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY to your Steam Wishlist, and don't forget to visit the official Expansion Pass website for answers to Frequently Asked Questions, updated info, and more.   

• Upvote 3
  • Like 11

18 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Awesome trailer!😊. Really looking forward to getting this dlc.   Thanks guys!👍😊

What was he shooting at with the bow???  

That looks like a doe, which they also confirmed on their website to be included in the expansion. 

What I'm curious about is how exactly the roadmap will be. Is it going to be a few of each category (map, gameplay, free updates) or something random.

39 minutes ago, BourbonPls said:

That looks like a doe, which they also confirmed on their website to be included in the expansion. 

What I'm curious about is how exactly the roadmap will be. Is it going to be a few of each category (map, gameplay, free updates) or something random.

Thank you..  it was a bit quick for my old eyes.😊.     

Nice looking trailer, sad to see it really didn't show us much in terms of gameplay features but I guess we'll have to wait.  I just want to say that with base customization, we desperately need some sort of way to light our bases/interiors at night.  Without wasting tons of lamp oil.  Please give us candles and some way to produce them so we can enjoy our areas at night more. 

It drives me nuts that a game that takes place in Canada and no one anywhere has any candles in their homes lol.  That is like survival basics 101 to have stacks of candles in your house.  I'm in Texas and we have several candles for storms. =P

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Vinceofpyrenees said:

Do you think/know if the Ptarmigan refers to the Lagopus leucura, the Lagopus muta or the Lagopus lagopus?

checking wikipedia and their distribution, i would say the first one is more likely

Really grandiose work Hinterland! Looks and sounds fantastic!

Edited by Karl Grylls

2 hours ago, Revelation_jeff said:

Nice looking trailer, sad to see it really didn't show us much in terms of gameplay features but I guess we'll have to wait.  I just want to say that with base customization, we desperately need some sort of way to light our bases/interiors at night.  Without wasting tons of lamp oil.  Please give us candles and some way to produce them so we can enjoy our areas at night more. 

It drives me nuts that a game that takes place in Canada and no one anywhere has any candles in their homes lol.  That is like survival basics 101 to have stacks of candles in your house.  I'm in Texas and we have several candles for storms. =P

We also plan to release an update video on December 5th, when we launch TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY. 

Thanks for your feedback, and for your support!

• Upvote 5