Need advice on the Ward glyph

Ruruwawa

I decided to finally try the Darkwalker challenge and found myself in a good situation to use the Ward glyph. 

I was fleeing the Darkwalker and bumbled into a wolf.  A minute later he set off the Lure I'd placed about 300m behind me.  So I quickly placed a Ward and started to do some first aid on my wounds.  Several seconds later the Darkwalker distance appeared on my screen, counting down from 200m despite the ward bar style showing.  I was standing directly on top of the glyph.  Some keystone cops type sprinting first aid followed, naturally.

The zone was FM.  I'd already looted the FM fire/page, and had just arrived back in zone after a side trip to Bleak Inlet to pick up that page. 

Any advice on how to get the Ward glyph to work?  Seems like I'm not doing it right.

Edited by Ruruwawa

• Ruruwawa changed the title to Need advice on the Ward glyph
1 hour ago, Ruruwawa said:

I decided to finally try the Darkwalker challenge and found myself in a good situation to use the Ward glyph. 

I was fleeing the Darkwalker and bumbled into a wolf.  A minute later he set off the Lure I'd placed about 300m behind me.  So I quickly placed a Ward and started to do some first aid on my wounds.  Several seconds later the Darkwalker distance appeared on my screen, counting down from 200m despite the ward bar style showing.  I was standing directly on top of the glyph.  Some keystone cops type sprinting first aid followed, naturally.

The zone was FM.  I'd already looted the FM fire/page, and had just arrived back in zone after a side trip to Bleak Inlet to pick up that page. 

Any advice on how to get the Ward glyph to work?  Seems like I'm not doing it right.

Was there already an active Ward Glyph in the region?

I ask this because there can only be one of each glyph active at a time in a region.

IF the answer is no then the Ward should've stopped him from coming any closer than 200m. Also the Ward is only active if you are near it...so if you run away from it it will stop...and it's time left counter will disappear from your screen.

Edited by RossBondReturns
Further clarifacation.

8 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Was there already an active Ward Glyph in the region?

This is the issue I'm asking about.  I visited the the FM campfire, looted, warmed a coffee, picked up the page and left.  I assumed the ward would expire as soon as I got out range.

My personal ward failed to work during my next visit to FM.  I'm sure I didn't leave the range of the personal ward until it was obvious it wasn't working.

So is there something more I must do to get a campfire's ward to stop working once I'm done with it?