Just thoughts....

Brick Wall

The ability to light torches with the magnifying glass!

Binoculars.

Rifle scope add on.  [Might be too OP]

It would be nice if the bear would actually bleed out after it's shot and runs away bleeding.  Seeing as the mechanics are such that it's supposed to bleed out after 8 hours from what I've read.

Also the kill mechanics being that only a head shot will drop an animal in 1 shot need to be fixed.  Funny any time I've gone hunting, blowing their chest cavity open and splattering their heart and lungs on the ground seemed to work pretty well also.

Edited by Brick Wall
Addition
  • Upvote 1

Binoculars would be great, especially with my eyesight and playing pilgrim. 

I'm wondering if the bleed out times vary depending on where it's shot..I've had them die within an hour or two ,then on other occasions take a day or so. But that's usually after blizzards.

Myself having 3 different types of colorblindness understand your struggle.

Also the kill mechanics being that only a head shot will drop an animal in 1 shot.  Funny any time I've gone hunting, blowing their chest cavity open and splattering their heart and lungs on the ground seemed to work pretty well also.

• Upvote 2

I'm partially colorblind too which doesn't help, especially as it's greys and light blues.theres quite a lot of both in this game.🙂 I can imagine how difficult it is for you with three. 

It can be confusing sometimes but it's the moose I don't get!  Never bleeding out just  seems odd to me . It seems though that they're all pretty random. I've shot bears head on at close range  several times before they died and hit a wolf in the rear end at a distance and got a kill shot.

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It can be confusing sometimes but it's the moose I don't get!  Never bleeding out just  seems odd to me .

I think this falls under the game dev version of Mark Twain's old dictum about writing: "Never let the facts get in the way of a good storygame".

Just now, stratvox said:

I think this falls under the game dev version of Mark Twain's old dictum about writing: "Never let the facts get in the way of a good storygame".

It doesn't stop me enjoying it ,however many bullets I waste on him. They're worth it .🙂.   It's still odd though.

• Upvote 1

Hi/

1. I'm not good at distinguishing between color and shades of color. But I am guided by the fact that blood is darker than snow. But due to the fact that the drops are small, I often miss them and lose track of the wounded animal. That's why I don't use it at all.. I either run after a dying animal or just after a while I listen to where the crows are screaming.

2. For some reason it seemed to me that earlier it was possible to light a torch with a magnifying glass. And I was always asked the question - Why? And now it's not. And I had a question - is it my personal hallucinations or just removed. I'll ask around. But in my opinion it is logical to kindle a fire with the help of any tool designed for this.

Binoculars.

Theres a mod.

It would be nice if the bear would actually bleed out after it's shot and runs away bleeding.  Seeing as the mechanics are such that it's supposed to bleed out after 8 hours from what I've read.

Also the kill mechanics being that only a head shot will drop an animal in 1 shot need to be fixed.  Funny any time I've gone hunting, blowing their chest cavity open and splattering their heart and lungs on the ground seemed to work pretty well also.

Read about the mechanics here: https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Hunting_Rifle#Bleed_out_timehttps://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Survival_Bow#Bleed-out_timehttps://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Hunting#Wounding
The bleed out times vary greatly.

There's a bleed out mod, which makes Moose bleed out, too, and also makes wound close, so that animals don't necessarily die when bleeding. Also multiple hits accumulate bleeding, so that hit animals die much sooner when doing so.

Rifle scope add on.  [Might be too OP]

https://hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/41104-climbing-axe-rifle-scope/#comment-230926

https://hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/39863-just-an-idea-i-cooked-up-the-hunting-rifle-scope/#comment-218600

https://hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/42012-weapon-attachments/#comment-239448

9 hours ago, stratvox said:

Could go into Options -> Display and try the Noir setting, which makes the game black and white. It has far far more contrast then the polychromatic version.

You'd miss a lot by using that as the fix, though. It's not equal accessibility if the thing you're accessing is that different. Hopefully a specific accessibility feature can be added.

20 hours ago, xanna said:

@k0s0ffI wonder if there's anything Hinterland can do accessibility-wise for players with this colour perception issue? @Admin

Hello. If we had done that, maybe it would have helped some players a lot. But I've seen accessibility features in windows settings. In which there are color display points for various visual impairments. Maybe it will extend to games as well. We need to check. Honestly never thought about it. I just got used to the fact that I know that the grass is green, the blood is red, the sky is blue. 🙂

12 hours ago, stratvox said:

Could go into Options -> Display and try the Noir setting, which makes the game black and white. It has far far more contrast then the polychromatic version.

😄  I already have everything almost always in these shades of gray. Especially when the eyes are very tired and sitting in the dark in front of the screen. But perhaps this will be the way out of this situation.

Edited by k0s0ff

Well, I would love the rifle scope. It would be nice to have something in our favor because everything up until now has been in favor of the wolves. Incredible sight, they smell you from far away even without carrying meat and they are no longer afraid of fire, I would like Being able to have a scope on the rifle for better shooting accuracy.

• Upvote 1