¿Prybar as a weapon?

Glacia

Recently i am using the Prybar as a defense weapon even if it's considered the worst 'Weapon' in the game, but im not sure about how exactly the prybar works against wolf struggles..

If you use the prybar in a common struggle, like a wolf ambushing you, it's only effective to scare the wolf but the hammer have better results (And damage).

However, if a wolf charges and you shot an arrow but don't get a oneshot (Like hit the wolf in the back), if i use the Prybar in the struggle, i kill almost instantly the wolf and end the struggle very fast. This doesn't happen to me if i use another weapons like the knife, im not sure if this is an intended feature, a bug or something else, but this works 90% of the time.

I make several tests and this is likely intended, there is always a chance to fail the struggle (For every weapon) and the wolf survives, but it's incredible unlikely. The prybar seems to be the best tool to use if you don't get the oneshot with the arrow.

This 'Weapon' saved me a lot of times on my interloper runs, and i always keep one with me if a fail the shot of the bow!

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, mfuegemann said:

There is a detailed review of weapons in a wolf struggle by GunTech:

Thanks for the info, the post it's incredible accurate and usefull, however it's a bit outdated right now (almost 2 years), im not sure if the wolf struggles have changed since the post, but it's unlikely anyways.

It seems the Prybar is the best weapon only if you fail the oneshot and the wolf it's already damaged, killing the wolf and ending the struggle almost instantly in most cases (In any other scenario, the other tools are always better).  

• 2 weeks later...