Mice and Wolverines, odd but both illustrates just how critical these species are with regards to human survival in long-term in cold conditions

callumcampbell

Basic Keys are : Mice and Mouse traps (craft-able) to place preventively near indoor food, with certain containers being of greater protection. No longer should there be no penalty for leaving everything on open floors in safe houses. Made stockpiling far too easy for a survival game.

Additionally Wolverines would be a great addition both as a dangerous wildlife creature to struggle with but different fur yielded (used around the edge of the hood. to prevent condensation icing the hood completely...perhaps an amazing cartable addition to the bear or wolf skin coat. With the addition of another predator I would balance the game by adding small predator traps, basically the outdoor version of the mice inside, but with the added threat of the wolverine attacking or at least raiding outdoor caches (huge game changer to the gameplay potentially)  not to mention destroying  trap lines completely and glutinously. 

The one thing I would suggest, considering, including with the mice and wolverine combo would be the need for either a small amount of food to set the mice traps and a small amount of meat, or perhaps collected up dead mice to use as bait for the predator trap. In this way, it should be possible to calculate the effectiveness of the traps based upon what type of bait, and how much they are using, for example, with peanut butter, being the best and most effective bait with mice, at least in my experience...

Additionally, unlike me, simplicity of the rabbit traps, the mouse trap would require some metal scrap and tools to craft, and as far as a predator trap, I Ould make them exceedingly rare but with the ability to forge the parts to make one given enough time... Depending on the size and strength of the trap utilized could also change the gameplay with regards to the trap immobilizing but not killing any of the larger animals, making them easier to use but still they're dangerous selves...

Obviously, I left the game, otherwise I would never go to the effort of trying to make a suggestion to improve it, something that I've never done with any other games, which should suggest just how serious I am about the validity of my suggestions :P I realize not all things from the wish list to be included but I sincerely believe that the suggestions, the two animals and two traps would add a nice level of slightly extra complexity, especially with regards to planning further and further into the future, and also generally make the game at least slightly extra difficult, or more difficult. Into many of the locations provided you aren't playing like a person with no common sense it's difficult to lose in survival mode, so why not add some things that might change that making the game more difficult as the newer versions come out, but without changing the basic ethos or philosophy of the gameplay...

An overly long letter this, I realize. An unavoidable downside of STILL iving solo since all of Covid, so I still unfortunately remain a ranting machine. That being said,  I am done now I think, and I just hope someone has the patients to go through it all and read it to the end and with any luck properly take it on board as a possibility. :)

If you've made it this far, thank you VERY much for your time and effort, don't if at all possible the one huge favour you could do for me is not only reading about the ideas, but running them up the flag pull to the next person above you might be able to continue to push it forward. A crazy longshot, I  know, but definitely worth me asking even if you don't :P No matter what though, Have a great night and hopefully, with the ridiculous amount of luck, I might end up hearing from someone in your outfit to Nathan later :)Night...

callum