Improve Blackrock

Glacia

With the upcoming DLC, several changes to loot tables were announced, one of the most important ones is the rebalancing of the entire world loot tables and economy.

As stated in the post:

We’ve redone all the loot tables, all the pre-placed loot, and rebalanced the loot economy across the entire game. The Resource refresh will go live for all players when the Expansion launches

Blackrock have been a controversial region since the launch of perilous constrait, due to several reasons but mainly because there is not a lot of reasons to explore and stay on the region. It's incredible isolated and hard to reach/leave, the loot it's incredible low for a hard region and the exclusive features of the region are not very rewarding or interesting.

I don't know if blackrock will be improved with the upcoming DLC update, or even if the global loot and economy rebalance was already done, but i think this a great opportunity to fix blackrock problems and let the region be much better than now.

Leaving aside the common changes like loot and pre-placed items, i think this changes can improve blackrock drastically:

- Noisemakers can only be crafted at blackrock >  Noisemakers can be crafted at any workbench in the world, buy you still need to unlock the blueprint at blackrock.

Ballistic Vest offers a lot of protection but is heavy and unreparaible > Ballistic Vest offer less protection, it's lighther and can be repaired with cured leather; also the vest protects you against injuries on the torso (Other parts of the body remain exposed).

- You can craft ammunition and repair tools at the blackrock cannery >  There is also a Forge at the blackrock cannery.

This also fix the isolation problem of the region and opens new possibilities of short-travels for TWM and AC bases.

• Upvote 5

• 7 months later...

I like Blackrock but it's a tough region. Personally, I think it's a region that would improve greatly if it had something to keep us going back there. If I want to craft ammo, I'll go to Bleak Inlet every time so it has to be something else:

1. A stun gun that instantly ends a wolf struggle and can only be charged in the Blackrock workshop during an Aurora. Replaces the ammunition bench and the amount of uses per charge depends on difficulty. Available on interloper.

2. Add more stuff to the prison! The entire region is cool, the outside area of the prison is cool. The main prison, however, was a little disappointing. Yes, you get the ballistic vest, but it would be nice if you can loot more areas inside the prison itself.

3. Add Blackrock clothing/gear. The guards/prisoners would have had all kinds of stuff working at the prison. How about a few more clothing options. A handgun variant. Pepper spray. Flashbangs. Riot helmet. Stomping boots. Smoke grenade blueprint. Improvised knife variant. Etc.

4. Mementos from prisoners and prison guards scattered across the island. Full of Blackrock's unique items listed above. 

5. Rats! Maybe the prison has rabbit size RATS! 

On 6/21/2023 at 8:11 AM, Stranzua said:

3. Add Blackrock clothing/gear. The guards/prisoners would have had all kinds of stuff working at the prison. How about a few more clothing options. A handgun variant. Pepper spray. Flashbangs. Riot helmet. Stomping boots. Smoke grenade blueprint. Improvised knife variant. Etc.

Well you got your handgun now!

• Upvote 1