Hanging from a rope.

Well I decided to kill my older save off by hanging from a rope..  I was interested to see how long it would take before she fell. 

I used the climb next to the bear cave in pv.  Full health on pilgrim. 

I climbed down about a metre or so and then hung there without moving. 

After three minutes the fatigue was gone 

After four and a half minutes the stamina gave in. 

Six minutes later I got bored so tried climbing up.. I nearly got to the top before she fell. 

I had about 15% left of health and of course multiple injuries.  So decided to try and climb . I got over halfway up the rope surprisingly before I fell again.

I had about 3% left and died before I could grab the rope. 

I do find it odd that A. I could climb back up the rope at all given the damage I had and lack of stamina etc. 

And B.  That I could hang indefinitely on the rope in the first place.  

I'm not sure if this is helpful to anyone in any way but to me it raises a few questions.   I'd be interested to know if it varies on different difficulties.

• Upvote 2

You and your devilish ways to kill Astrid off! 😄

Well I suppose seeing how to kill the character is a reason to play when I can't summon up the enthusiasm for anything else 🤷‍♀️ More fun than my dysentery experiment! 😳 If I remember tomorrow I'll give hanging by the rope a whirl on Stalker.

It certainly makes me less anxious about the climbing. Although that could change with the new game.

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

You and your devilish ways to kill Astrid off! 😄

Well I suppose seeing how to kill the character is a reason to play when I can't summon up the enthusiasm for anything else 🤷‍♀️ More fun than my dysentery experiment! 😳 If I remember tomorrow I'll give hanging by the rope a whirl on Stalker.

It certainly makes me less anxious about the climbing. Although that could change with the new game.

The things we do for science..🙂.  

• Like 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

The things we do for science..🙂.  

Lol you're right. I love that saying of LMG's.

At least your death experiment was less messy than mine 😳

I would try and come up with some other ingenious way of killing myself but you'll have thought of them all already!

7 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Lol you're right. I love that saying of LMG's.

At least your death experiment was less messy than mine 😳

I would try and come up with some other ingenious way of killing myself but you'll have thought of them all already!

Well technically it should've been very messy.😁.    

I'm sure I've missed a few but I can't think what they are...yet!🙂.  I have pretty much done most of them though.  Poor Astrid I hope she doesn't take it personally.

1 minute ago, conanjaguar said:

“Astrid. For the capital crime of murdering dozens of bunnies, deer, wolves, bears, moose, etc. etc., and for multiple counts of looting, robbery, and assault and battery, you have been sentenced to hang from a rope by your arms until dead.”

Guilty on all counts except the deer!  I don't bother with them ...

Technically I died from blood loss though.... I think.

• Upvote 1