The Birch Stalker ( a TLD horror story )

Hello! i'm not the best at writing so feedback is appreciated, anyway enjoy! ))

While on a hunting trip through the forests of Mystery Lake you come across a corpse, not an unusual sight for you until you get closer and noticed it mauled and mangled. "poor guy, probably was a bear" you thought. next to the corpse laid a blood-stained journal which you pick up.

On your way back to your cabin you notice night falling, quickly you set up camp for the night in an abandoned cabin. setting your rifle down by your pack and pulled out the journal and began reading.

DAY 7: It's been a few days since the lights appeared in the sky. everything's gone to hell. power doesn't work, wildlife acting up, violent weather. it's like mother nature decided to punish us with a frozen hell. I've managed to loot a few houses from the coast, enough to last me about a week. hope i don't get in trouble with the law when everything goes back to normal.

DAY 12: finally found a way out of the coast, the road was blocked by debris from a landslide, so I had to take a shortcut through the train tunnel. set up camp for the night in one of the train cars. can't help but feel like I'm being watched, heard a strange screech sounding like a wolf, i HOPE it was a wolf... i need some rest, anxiety getting the better of me.

DAY 21: Been real paranoid lately, keep hearing those screeches. gets louder every night, heard what sounded like bloodcurdling scream last night after the screech. am i going insane? did i REALLY hear that?? my mind is scrambled thinking about it.

DAY 22: saw some crows circling something this morning, went to see what it was... i regret it... i was right. girl was mangled beyond recognition, her body was slumped up against the a birch tree. what the fuck is out here that can do that to someone?? couldn't be a wolf, bear maybe? whatever it is, i'm not leaving the camp office without my revolver from now on.

DAY 25: It keeps getting louder. i would only hear it once every few days but now i hear it every night. as if it's wandering around, waiting for me... i barely sleep at night now. brain too busy being scared shitless to sleep. Grey Mother used to tell us stories of a supernatural creature known as The Darkwalker, i used to think it was just a dumb ghost story but after what i've experienced.... i'm starting to think it's real. 

DAY 26: Took stock of my supplies and i'm scared. i only got enough left to last 3 more days, 2 at most. meaning i'll have to go out to find more. finding food i'm not scared of, it making it back alive knowing there's something out there stalking me...

DAY 27: BEWARETHEBIRCHBEWARETHEBIRCHBEWARETHEBIRCHBEWARETHEBIRCHBEWARETHEBIRCHBEWARETHEBIRCHBEWARETHEBIRCHBEWARETHEBIRCHBEWARETHEBIRCH

The last page of the journal ends as it's torn and stained with dry blood. a shiver runs down your spine as you hear an unnatural wolve like howl as your stove fire begins to burn out, leaving you to your fate. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...