A short story about a paranormal event I experienced

JackTrysGames

It was another ordinary run in TLD. I was on Stalker difficulty, and armed with nothing but my wits and my lantern, I had reached Pleasant Valley.

I was half frozen and dead tired, so I stopped in at Pensive Pond to rest and warm up.

The inside of the ice fishing hut was warm, so I quickly fell asleep. But when I woke up, I was in the middle of a blizzard.1435384792_tld1.thumb.jpg.97fd316aae7957d4176f804d612a7a95.jpg

I tried to light the stove, but realized I had left my accelerant back at Carter Hydro, and had no spare lamp fuel. It failed to light twice.

So, with no other options, I raised my lantern and trekked out into the blizzard.988353055_tld2.thumb.jpg.a7919026e36df9945f238e4c93f3f61b.jpg

Using a map and the dock as a reference point, I started walking in the vague direction of Pleasant Valley Farmhouse as the risk of hypothermia climbed.

I distinctly remember crossing a river, and yet...

1962382885_tld3.thumb.jpg.ca91b73e26f169d0f620db4cb5fdcc02.jpg

I ended up at Thomson's Crossing- halfway across the map from Pleasant Valley Farmstead.

I guess I really am a Blizzard Walker.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

I got the idea to leave the small barn and head to the farm  ,so I headed out positive I was going in the right direction... I mean it's not exactly far!  Somehow I ended up back at the barn after walking what I thought was a straight line!😁.  Stupidly I tried again twice and  the same thing happened.. my clothes took some serious battering.  

Edited by Leeanda