The Radio was already in the game's files!

I found it while playing a while back, while messing around with a couple of mods and accidentally putting every item in the game into my inventory.

I didn't think much of it then, but now that it's an actual part of the game I really can't not think about it.

Among the other items I noticed was a shovel, some reskinned bandages, and a pair of bolt cutters.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

What kind of radio was it?  Handheld?  What we see sitting on tables in the game now?

Yeah its a handheld radio. If you equipped it, your game gets softlocked in a way though. You can't unequip it or interact with anything else. I don't think it did anything at the time either. 

There are some pretty interesting items out there, but I won't say any in case they get added in the future. I don't want to spoil anything... not sure if they are past ideas that didn't quite work or items they are planning to add in the future...

yeah, there are a good many elements still remaining in the old code that a player can access using the developer's console.
the trick is knowing what the item was named in order to find it and then add it to your inventory.  Items like hand held radios, bolt cutters and shovels can all be added to your inventory as well as fire axes and the the old green with white cross first aide kits from story mode.   Heck you can even access a pumpkin pie, although it does disappear if and when you try to place it on a table or counter.  I wish there was a comprehensive list that identified all these items but so far perusing the various wiki's has been frustrating in that regard.

• Upvote 2