Low % torches?

conanjaguar

Hi,

has anyone else experienced any issues with pulling torches since the most recent bugfix?

Recently, only two of over thirty torches that I have pulled have been over 20% in their condition; prior to the update, I regularly pulled 40% torches without any trouble.

I’m curious, is this RNG, bad luck, a bug, or an intended change?

Guest jeffpeng

0.2 plus a value between 0 and 1 multiplied by 0.3, equals something between 20% and 50% with a linear distribution of values. Or, simpler: 20% plus 0 to 30% = 20% to 50%.

Just now, jeffpeng said:

0.2 plus a value between 0 and 1 multiplied by 0.3, equals something between 20% and 50% with a linear distribution of values. Or, simpler: 20% plus 0 to 30% = 20% to 50%.

Thank you for explaining Jeff. Still makes my head hurt 😳 I'll stick to knowing I rarely pull a decent torch 🤷‍♀️😄

• Upvote 2

All this time I thought it depended on where you pulled the torch from. 🤣 I seem to have lots of luck getting my torches between 25-50% by trying to pull from the "hottest" part, generally near the point where the logs come together to form a peak at the top of the campfire. I guess I just get good rng.

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng
13 hours ago, Hilayla said:

All this time I thought it depended on where you pulled the torch from. 🤣

This used to be the case until not too long ago. I'm not sure when this changed, but I think it was with the Bleak Inlet update.