Anyone else "cramming" in their old soon-to-be-deprecated saves?

I actually stopped playing my runs when I heard this, simply because I don't want to build up progress and lose it once the update hits. I do use the time capsule, but I don't like going back 1 or 2 builds since it's a stale build that I've played for a long time and would rather play with the new items and new saves. This is probably a good time to play some more of the early access build or silent hunter for me. I love playing those builds since surviving long-term requires a lot more careful decisions and resource management than today's Interloper. 

Right now I'm simply playing new runs that I only play for an in-game day or two; I like starting Interlopers, struggling the first few hours, find matches, find food and water, and getting to a comfortable state in the run and quitting lol. 

• Upvote 1

I finished up 500 days, and the caffeine feat -- Shot to the Heart.  All cheevos complete.  That just leaves the Darkwalker feat.  Horror is not my thing and I can't imagine a situation where's I'd use the badge so skipping it for now.  Maybe there will be something in the DLC that'll convince me to go grab it.

Aaaaand... Done! Finally, after 175 days of surviving on Stalker difficulty I've mapped every location (of those that were added before Blackrock).

image.thumb.png.9e37ecd22043881d6b240b14b368f819.png

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if I also had to survey Blackrock and Keeper's Pass N/S to get this achievement. But it's not the end of my journey yet. There are still 4 polaroids left to find and 4 vistas to survey. I'm not gonna bother with buffer memories and cairns, though. For the former I'd have to look up the location of every single cairn on the internet (and that's no fun), and the latter is just too grindy for me.

Right now, I'm thinking about a fitting way to end this survival run (unless it ends prematurely). And I'm not talking about jumping off a cliff or dying fighting a pack of wolves (that was quite a base), I'd rather find a place that feels right, start a fire, put some meat to cook and water to boil, and leave Mackenzie in that perfect moment forever. He deserved it.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the Blackrock Prison machine room open which was the main objective I had for Blackrock.  I wanted to get that done before TftFT put those games of mine into Time Capsule.  Now I will be continuing in Blackrock until the END.  Still got bullets to cast, gunpowder to mix, cartridge cases to load, and try to find the prepper cache in the region besides exploring the area.  

• Upvote 1