Do you watch anything whilst playing?

HenryHilton

TLD is my first survival game and I really love it, I love just sticking on a podcast, listen to that and walk about the island. But, I’m worried that I’m not getting the full experience.

I’m currently trying to get the faithful cartographer achievement and I don’t think I would be able to do it without having something there to entertain me, as the game is a bit of a walking simulator. 

So I just want to know what the consensus is on having something playing whilst playing and if you think that it’s taking away from my experience :)

Depends honestly. Sometimes I play on pilgrim and just explore Great Bear relatively peacefully because I find that a stress reliving experience. And when I do that I often listen to music, videos, and livestreams in the background.

However when I'm playing more seriously on custom Interloper I almost never have videos in the background as it may drown out the noise of potential threats. On occasion I may play some tense music when exploring indoor locations that are safe but that about it.

If you want to listen to videos while playing than go right ahead, I don't think anyone will even want to stop you.

Also welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay.

• Like 1