Strength consumption for a homemade axe.

Mikhail_B

I write through a translator.

There is information on the consumption of strength when extracting firewood from various items. I made a small comparison. Here is the result:

Bench 39 minutes - 3% strength spent
Cedar 59 minutes - 3% strength spent
Chair 29 minutes - 3% of depravity spent
box 10 minutes - 3%
Boards 2h 36m - 3%

UPD. It looks like 3% is the minimum threshold of destruction. Based on these data, it is better to craft large objects, like a cedar branch or a stack of boards.

Edited by Mikhail_B
UPD

4 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Welcome to the Forum!

I know you wrote through a translator (and I’m not criticizing you for this), but this mistranslation is indeed funny!

Sentences are made up differently in each language. This makes it look strange. Is the essence of the question clear?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mikhail_B said:

Sentences are made up differently in each language. This makes it look strange. Is the essence of the question clear?

The essence of the question is clear. However, in English, depravity means corruption, insanity, and evil... quite the opposite of strength!

However, if you were adding 3% depravity...

6 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

The essence of the question is clear. However, in English, depravity means corruption, insanity, and evil... quite the opposite of strength!

However, if you were adding 3% depravity...

strength consumption 3% - is that better?))

16 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

I like hacksaw, not as heavy to haul around and just as easily repairable. You do need tools though I guess, so it might be a wash.

By a wash, I mean hacksaw and hammer advantages even out.

I chose the difficult mode. I made 3 knives and 3 axes in the forge. The grindstones will run out, and going to the cannery will not always work. Therefore, I will use the axe more rationally.

Edited by Mikhail_B
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mikhail_B said:

I will use the axe more rationally

If you break everything by hand, axe will last a very long time! If I remember correctly, your harvesting skill has to be leveled up to a certain point to be able to harvest by hand.

Also, if grondstones run out, you can always make axe and knife at the forge.

• 1 year later...