Any tips for difficulty settings in custom?

conanjaguar

Hello everyone, it’s me once again!

So I have a younger brother with a... quick temper, to say the least. He really wants to get into TLD, but dies within two days every time, as he plays on Stalker.

He is convinced that Pilgrim and Voyageur are too easy, and that Interloper is too hard. I have been trying to create a custom difficulty to satisfy his finicky needs. So far, it is based on Voyageur, with Stalker wolves, Interloper weather, low starting loot, and high condition recovery... but only at rest; being awake will not recover any condition.

Are there any tips or tricks to help me create a suitable custom experience for him?

Cheers from the Land of Dixie.

I guess it depends on what he's dying from?

If it's from wolves than maybe bump up the wolf fear from medium to high, that way wolves will run away from you more often. Since he seems like he doesn't want to lower the number of wolves all that much, maybe also turn down wolf and timber wolves spawn rate from very high to just high (medium is voyageur).

If he's dying from anything else than the only solution is to lower the corresponding setting for the problem. Too cold? Lower freezing rate. Too hungry or thirsty? Lower hunger and thirst rate, and maybe make stuff spawn more.