Return of The Ancients - my attempts at the Neo-Native challenge

conanjaguar

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Have you thought of checking out the cave to hrv?  There might be some coal in there if you're lucky.  

R.I.P. bunny

But, I am rarely, (if ever) lucky… and I have no idea where the cave to HRV is!
You really like those bunnies, don’t you 🪨🐇?

Wait… I scammed the darkness? Bgi Tyop!

Ahh!  I thought you were more familiar with mountain town,I thought that was part of the reason you start there?   

You've been lucky so far so why not ? What could possibly happen to you in a cave?  

Well they are kind of cute😊.    But I do realize they are a necessary part of survival.. and taste lovely with beans and gravy😁

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 7:26 AM, conanjaguar said:

”‘Twas a glorious hunt indeed. Swift and sure flew the stones from the mighty Native’s hand, and rapid was his gait in catching the unconscious animals. His calloused hands sent the rabbits painlessly to the world beyond…” Such is how the reporter Nhotz from the Interloper Monthly Magazine would describe it, and he would not be too far off.

Definitely Nhotz style of writing... for a moment I thought Interloper Monthly was in print again...

• Upvote 2

Native 5 / Day 5 / R.I.P

Today, I awoke at what most people consider a decent time, about 10 AM. I went into the kitchen, picked up my rabbit pelts, ate the last of the meat, and set out. I was ready to go to Mystery Lake and find that hammer.

The weather was clear, windless, and cold enough to freeze the ears off a brass monkey. I managed to get as far as the entrance to the Park before I began freezing. So, I lit a fire, put tea on to boil, and began to bop the two nearby bunnies. I did so fairly quickly, and then returned to my fire, where I found that I had an uninvited guest over for tea, trying to be sneaky by hiding himself in the snowdrift.0ACCDECE-6867-4D53-BB5D-424B1F628A8B.thumb.jpeg.7535a90906eb7093cbf1af12ccd0c34a.jpeg I chased him off, drank my tea, and continued on my way. 

At the Ranger Station, I noticed that I was a bit tired and should have a nap in the warm bed… after I began to goat, fell five meters, sprained my ankle, and lost a decent bit of condition with the first hop! I had no other choice but to continue down. At the last six-inch drop, I gambled… and failed. I sprained my wrist, my ankle, and went down to 5% condition. Cursing and swearing under my breath, I fumbled in my inventory for cloth and made a bandage, as my health dropped to 3%. Screaming incoherently now, I applied both bandages and began to climb back up the rope.1E35C687-E0A6-48D6-86C5-D8CF581732FD.thumb.jpeg.78979bbe59c518ca1bcf9b678f1546ea.jpeg

Exhausted, I finally made it, but my life was teetering on the edge of the long dark. 62648E98-E5C7-4D00-9B48-EFB0774FE504.thumb.jpeg.ea51ec9505bf084a71f90246bc75f81b.jpegAnd, wouldn’t you know it, there was a wolf waiting for me to finish the climb. I fended him off with a torch and began stumbling towards the Ranger Station. I pounded my keyboard in frustration, as time seemed to slow down even more than my pace had.EC24C20F-31AE-41F9-9128-D79461430396.thumb.jpeg.84f515de7d777310ab9eb2092b5685b7.jpeg

I finally managed to stumble across the threshold… and faded into the long dark. The next survivor to stumble in there will find not one, but two frozen corpses.

@Leeanda, @Sgt Socks

Whatever you two do, please don’t wish me luck for Native 6! Instead, I want you two to do everything possible to discourage me :D!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

@conanjaguar.  

I hope those bunnies all gang up on you and start throwing stones at you..😁

I hope you have a lousy time,get frostbite,mauled and stomped on.😂😂 

Oh yes and constant minus 69c temps indoors..  and whatever you do ,don't find the hammer or maple sapling!.

😄😄 So much better than my attempt!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sgt Socks said:

@conanjaguar

Native 6 is going to die a horrible painful death.

How's that? 😁

(Oh but I hate being mean so 🤗🤗)

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

@conanjaguar.  

I hope those bunnies all gang up on you and start throwing stones at you..😁

I hope you have a lousy time,get frostbite,mauled and stomped on.😂😂 

Oh yes and constant minus 69c temps indoors..  and whatever you do ,don't find the hammer or maple sapling!.

😄😄 So much better than my attempt!

@conanjaguar

Ooh... @Leeanda has inspired me.

Behind the cloth in Grey Mother's may you find.... nothing.

There will be a salesmen convention on your frozen corpse.

You asked for us to discourage you 😄

*MASSIVE SNORT LAUGH* 😂

Keep it up! Bring it on Murphy, let’s see what you’ve got! 🤐...

*regretting life decisions*

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Gun Tech. said:

I want to reply here because I'm extending the challenge through November to allow more players to complete the challenge. Currently playing it myself and doing well, but death can come swiftly on Great Bear... so in respect of that... ;)

Oh, there’s no need to do that on my account… I can finish on my own time… eventually :D.

3 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Native 6 just died after a short, unhappy Endless Night life.

Coming soon, Native 7! The lucky number, but don’t jinx it!

A TWM spawn bodes well, already I’m nearly dead! Stay tuned… and keep discouraging me :).

Well.... I'm not so sure discouragement is the wisest approach if such swift deaths ensue! 😄

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Native 6 just died after a short, unhappy Endless Night life.

Coming soon, Native 7! The lucky number, but don’t jinx it!

A TWM spawn bodes well, already I’m nearly dead! Stay tuned… and keep discouraging me :).

May you fall off bridges/ledges , freeze to death and not find any cat tails..

May you go for a skinny dip through the ice and get totally lost in the thickest fog you could imagine..😁

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

May you fall off bridges/ledges , freeze to death and not find any cat tails..

May you go for a skinny dip through the ice and get totally lost in the thickest fog you could imagine..😁

May the bears make porridge from you, and the trestle on Raven Bridge deliberately break under your feet..

May the wind always be in your face as heavy snow constantly falls...

@Leeanda I'm rather enjoying this mischief aren't you? 😁😄

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Guest jeffpeng
4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

May the moose hang you from his antlers after he's given you a good pounding!😁.

Well this escalated quickly .... and quite severely, I might say.

20 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

I'm sure  @conanjaguar will take it in the way it was meant..  well I hope he does anyway..

I grew up watching a lot of horror movies so I might be a bit over the top occasionally. No offence is ever meant though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I'm sure  @conanjaguar will take it in the way it was meant..  well I hope he does anyway..

I grew up watching a lot of horror movies so I might be a bit over the top occasionally. No offence is ever meant though.

2 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

It’s all good :). To be frank, I sometimes feel like I deserve it :D.

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng
27 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

To be frank, I sometimes feel like I deserve it

Of course you do. That wasn't even part of the discussion.

1 minute ago, jeffpeng said:

Of course you do. That wasn't even part of the discussion.

All right, I get it :D.
You guys want me to write some news from Native 7, and are impatient for me to deliver… but what can I say? I’m a slow player and a lazy writer 🤷‍♂️ .

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

All right, I get it :D.
You guys want me to write some news from Native 7, and are impatient for me to deliver… but what can I say? I’m a slow player and a lazy writer 🤷‍♂️ .

You asked for the discouragement, be careful what you wish for Young Padawan 😁

• Upvote 1