[UPDATED 09/07/22] - THE LONG DARK - QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATE v2.02 (99904)

Admin

QoL202_Spotlight.thumb.png.41df40122cef698eeea9e7feb2a96e38.png

Hello Community,

UPDATE (09/07/22): We have released a hotfix to resolve a bug that prevents players from receiving a phone call from Molly at the end of "Aftermath" in Episode Three, which impacts mission progress. Please note that it may take time to update across all platforms. Thank you for your patience as we worked on this issue.

NOTE: We are still receiving reports that the Brightness Slider is not working on PS4/PS5. We are investigating this complex issue and will provide more information as soon as it is available. 

Thank you for your patience.

We just released our v2.02 (99904) Quality of Life Update for The Long Dark. This update includes some significant bug fixes, along with game and performance improvements. 

Thank you for your patience and support. We look forward to sharing more information about future updates and other exciting news about The Long Dark in a Dev Diary toward the end of September. 

Please remember to visit our Support Portal if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, please sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

USER INTERFACE

• [UI] Fixed an issue that prevented the Surveyed Locations from displaying the correct number of locations when viewed in the Journal.
  • [UI] Fixed an issue that prevented the Voice Audio slider from responding correctly when adjusted in Audio Options.
  • [UI] Fixed an issue that caused the subtitles to appear underneath the Radial Menu, preventing players from being able to read the subtitles. 
  • [UI] Fixed an issue that caused the Manage Data button (found under Privacy -> Options) to link incorrectly to Unity’s Cloud Analytics.
  • [UI] Added a check to the Fire Starting Menu to prevent players from being able to open the menu if they do not have all of the items required.

SURVIVAL

• [Gameplay] Fixed an issue that caused Carcasses to decay at an accelerated rate.
  • [Gameplay] Fixed an issue that prevented players from lighting torches from a lit Stove or Rim Grill.
  • [Gameplay] Fixed an issue that allowed players to duplicate Matches by adding a stack to a container, while a Match is lit.

WINTERMUTE

** Please note that this section contains spoilers for WINTERMUTE. ** 

• [EP 3] Trauma: Fixed an issue that caused a corrupted save game if the game was saved immediately after the first conversation with Father Thomas. 
  • [EP 4] Donner: Fixed an issue that prevented players from progressing past the planks after the rooftop escape sequence after receiving the call from Jace and retrieving the Hard Case. This should also retroactively fix the issue for players who are currently stuck. 
  • [EP 4] Donner: Fixed the interaction tag on the Prison Gate to prevent it from sometimes appearing below the gate. 
  • [EP 4] The Detonators: Fixed an issue that would cause an item being held by the Player to be duplicated after triggering the Mine Collapse cinematic. 

PLAYSTATION 4

• [HDR] Fixed an issue that prevented the game from enabling HDR mode on HDR-enabled devices.

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 9
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Admin said:

[UI] Fixed an issue that prevented the Voice Audio slider from responding correctly when adjusted in Audio Options.

Thanks!  I really love the character voice lines in TLD but they can play very often on hard survival difficulties.

Thank you but still no fix for the "unable to save due to Insufficient memory" bug ?

I haven't been able to play for more than 6 months in XBox on my longest save of >550 days as it simply won't save the game. 

This bug has been reported many times and remains unfixed. 

I can play new runs and they save fine.  Where is the incentive to start another long run if this bug will at sometime prevent further progress?

I'm beyond frustrated. 

You have even had my save file to help fix the issue. 

Edited by Murpharoo
  • Upvote 5

• Admin changed the title to THE LONG DARK - QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATE v2.01 (98664)
35 minutes ago, JaySovereign said:

Hm, silence for months on end all we get are a few bug fixes? Not gonna say I'm thrilled, to be honest.

Hinterland is doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff right now, and since the game was mostly stable, bug fixes weren't a high priority.

Separating survival mode and story mode is taking a lot of their development   resources  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Murpharoo said:

Thank you but still no fix for the "unable to save due to Insufficient memory" bug ?

I haven't been able to play for more than 6 months in XBox on my longest save of >550 days as it simply won't save the game. 

I can play new runs and they save fine.  Where is the incentive to start another long run if this bug will at sometime prevent further progress?

I'm beyond frustrated. 

Undoubtedly, the source of this bug is buried somewhere deep in the game’s code. It would take Hinterland quite a while to find it, possibly an entire year.

38 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Undoubtedly, the source of this bug is buried somewhere deep in the game’s code. It would take Hinterland quite a while to find it, possibly an entire year.

I disagree, seems like the problem can be pretty easily reproduced. 

49 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Yeah I disagree as well. I'm unsure what could be holding up hinterland, but fixing a bug like that seems like a relatively simple fix (disclaimer: I'm not a coding expert)

A bug like "not enough memory" might be caused by a small amount of faulty code attempting to allocate a large amount of storage to the save file, bigger than the system has.

But because they haven't fixed it, it must have roots in other parts of the code. 

Either way it seems unreasonable for them to have taken this long.

But hinterland has provided a very bug-free experience for countless people, so while it is unfortunate that this bug exists, at least their releases aren't as buggy as other developers (of similar size, EA has no excuse for letting bugs slip through lol).

11 hours ago, Murpharoo said:

I'm beyond frustrated. 

I would suggest getting over it and starting a new run. I lost my interloper run on day 748 then i started a new one and lost it on day 300. Now im on day 702 and been playing for about 2 months now.

1 minute ago, Mistral said:

Are the teas still broken when warming-up besides fire? Or do you still have to do the glitchy dance routine? Haven't checked yet.

They will still burn if you don't pick them up and put them back down but I find that to be relatively minor and something that we can live with for now. 

Thank you for the update! Really glad the voice slider is fixed now

2 minutes ago, Pencil said:

They will still burn if you don't pick them up and put them back down but I find that to be relatively minor and something that we can live with for now. 

Thank you for the update! Really glad the voice slider is fixed now

Yeah you can live with it but it seems like such easy thing to fix. Well, maybe someday.

Hopefully the September Dev Diary announces something for Christmas. And maybe Halloween.

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 1

I found that the audio got a whole lot softer (with my existing audio settings).  I had to run Master volume control from 40% up to 100% and that seemed to bring sound back  to what I expected.  I tried adjusting Sound but the crunching of boots when walking, etc., was a bit much so that got dialed back.  

A work around for lighting torches from a stove or fire barrel was to just "add fuel" and you'd light the torch.  At least that's fixed. 

8 hours ago, piorun314 said:

Unfortunately my problem with the modification of brightness has not been solved. I still cannot change it on PS4 pro as slider doesn't work. 😔 HDR is fine. Waiting 4 months for update that gave me nothing. I give up. 

We're investigating some of these reports. We know it can be frustrating, and we hope to have more info soon. Thank you for your patience. 

2 hours ago, trains342 said:

Can you fix the problem of the Black Rock map and pollards not showing up in the surveyed locations in Survival mode. 

Unfortunately, it's not a bug. Surveyed locations menu only shows you the locations that are necessary for Faithful Cartographer, and Hinterland decided not to make getting this achievement even more difficult.

I must admit I had hoped for the "big thing". This game is absolutely brilliant, and I can't wait till the next update. I came late to the game, and I can understand if oldtimers are more impatient, but this has to be one of the best games ever made.

Edited by Jotunheim
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, diggity said:

Great - now fix Cabin Fever please ie. remove it.  No more excuses.

First off, Cabin Fever had a lot of potential. I wish it was improved. Here's a whole post of different suggestions 

Second, if you don't like it that bad, just use Custom mod and turn it off. That's exactly what the custom mod is for.

And last but not least... "No more excuses", seriously? That's quite the entitlement. No one's making excuses here. Hinterland don't owe you anything (except for ep5, perhaps).

• Upvote 3

On 8/23/2022 at 7:38 PM, ViggoL said:

I disagree, seems like the problem can be pretty easily reproduced. 

As a person who's been working in software (albeit in the enterprise/hpc space) being able to reproduce a problem doesn't necessarily mean you've found the problem.

Edited by stratvox
tyop
  • Upvote 3