Enter The Long Dark Summer Cosplay Contest

2 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Current rankings so far, assuming we’re going by likes:

1st place: @Kelli Denny

2nd place: @Humblewoodsman

3rd place: @TheTraditionalGentleman and @Matthew Ewald are tied.

Although likes do count towards this total, for those that come in late should have equal enough chance as those put in weeks ahead of the deadline. Hinterland Studio has the final say in this matter. Which has the most creativity, respect towards the contests and to other's submissions reactions counts too. It's all up for grabs still. With how people can like any post in a thread on these forums that can shift the interest to one side or another. To balance this out I think Hinterland will take reactions into account to highlight the ones that are best in the running then decide from those which are the best likely candidates for the winners. Although, I may be completely mistaken by this idea.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, MonadoBlade2016 said:

Although likes do count towards this total, for those that come in late should have equal enough chance as those put in weeks ahead of the deadline. Hinterland Studio has the final say in this matter. Which has the most creativity, respect towards the contests and to other's submissions reactions counts too. It's all up for grabs still. With how people can like any post in a thread on these forums that can shift the interest to one side or another. To balance this out I think Hinterland will take reactions into account to highlight the ones that are best in the running then decide from those which are the best likely candidates for the winners. Although, I may be completely mistaken by this idea.

i agree with you. For example i am doing Will Mackenzie and i will be sharing it in a week and im trying my best to catch up to timeline because i made the spear with my bare hands and all :))

1 hour ago, luckymarki said:

i agree with you. For example i am doing Will Mackenzie and i will be sharing it in a week and im trying my best to catch up to timeline because i made the spear with my bare hands and all :))

Best of luck! What I'm doing is mainly Wintermute related, just got all the props ready and waiting for a technical part to come in later this week to possibly start the process this weekend. I'm trying to keep it under wraps but I'll say this, it's from a completely different perspective and this could become "uncanon" character development based on this characters actions. This is going to be a unique challenge that I hope gets done properly. And yes, I'm doing another lesser production heavy entry. But overall, wow this has been an ordeal to get the proper designs correct haha

Title: When_dyy made me do it!

Category: Survival Cosplay

I have been named the best guy to do a cosplay of Old Man's Beard Lichen. So here it is!

20220903_140702.jpg

also, to comply with the rules:

I have never cosplayed in my life. I love the game, antiseptic is way too heavy to carry, when you got a beard like that!

second photo:

20220903_140555.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Like 5

Character: Mathis
Categories: WINTERMUTE & Non-Core Character Cosplay

I love Mathis so much I couldn't pass the opportunity. His maniacal psychotic personality speaks to me for some reason. He is a scene stealer and I had a blast trying to portray that. The making of the cosplay was quite the challenge that I was determined to overcome, so here's a quick summary:

The timing of me moving out to live in another country and the cosplay competition really made me struggle with finding the right clothes. With that out of the way me and my partner took 3 days to clean the new place. A day after that we did a test make-up that turned out horrible. Thank god for them, because the make up here is entirely their work. That took like an hour. Mathis' vibe was hard to recreate, but I think I managed it in the end (that's for you to judge though). Overall my first cosplay was incredibly fun and if another opportunity presents itself I would to it again. So I would encourage that everybody here at least takes a shot at it, but remember:

"My crew and I... we're gonna rule Great bear. Nobody can stop us."

Mathis_1.jpg

Mathis_2.jpg

• Upvote 10
  • Like 2

Our Submission: "Couple in the woods"

Category: "Best Survival Cosplay"

My fiance discovered your game back in 2014 while watching a german youtuber and ever since she showed me the video i was absolutley hooked by the game. Her hobby is cosplaying and so I thought this might be a good way to combine two things we both love.

So we went thrift-shopping, "weathered" the outfits to make them look more used/damaged, designed some skill books (in word and paint lol) and especially tried to recreate the iconic look of the characters with our makeup. Not to mention that on that day here in Austria it actually had 27° Celsius (about 80° Fahrenheit) :D

Thanks to our friend "isakucosplay" (photographer) we got these pictures to show you. We really hope you like them and thanks for hosting such a cool competition. 

picture1.png

picture2.png

• Upvote 10
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, kipfi said:

My fiance discovered your game back in 2014 while watching a german youtuber and ever since she showed me the video i was absolutley hooked by the game. Her hobby is cosplaying and so I thought this might be a good way to combine two things we both love.

So we went thrift-shopping, "weathered" the outfits to make them look more used/damaged, designed some skill books (in word and paint lol) and especially tried to recreate the iconic look of the characters with our makeup. Not to mention that on that day here in Austria it actually had 27° Celsius (about 80° Fahrenheit) :D

Thanks to our friend "isakucosplay" (photographer) we got these pictures to show you. We really hope you like them and thanks for hosting such a cool competition. 

picture1.png

picture2.png

Absolutely awe-inspiring work!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karl Grylls said:

holy cow, that's a winner imo

+1 ! That is some incredible work. They even have archery book! Leveling up their winning chance as they're taking the photograph!

Edit: does anyone also notice that red little lantern next to a backpack and in the second photo, McKenzie is making rosehip tea? And I'm glad Astrid is staying on top of her pedicure! Those nails look gorgeous!😉

Edited by Stinky socks
Potatos
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 7:37 AM, conanjaguar said:

Current rankings so far, assuming we’re going by likes:

1st place: @Kelli Denny

2nd place: @Humblewoodsman

3rd place: @TheTraditionalGentleman and @Matthew Ewald are tied.

To avoid any confusion, the contest is not being judged based on likes. All entries should have equal opportunity to win. 

Thanks! 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Admin said:

To avoid any confusion, the contest is not being judged based on likes. All entries should have equal opportunity to win. 

Thanks! 

Thank you for clarifying this for us. Everyone, do your best and most importantly have fun in doing so. We are all on equal ground no matter what you do or when you post it. Relax and do your best! Remember, two entries possible! Best of luck!

My submission for Wintermute/non core character… The Trapper

I am a lonely trapper. There are a lot of dangerous bears out there. But I’d risk my life out there in the cold to take down the meanest of them all. I may be injured but I have a story to tell.18B5BF67-8592-410E-A5CA-95316B8850BC.thumb.jpeg.25e5ff894d81984f883015f86d73f6d3.jpegF9FEE51B-08F5-4393-9C73-1CDDD9F7A7BD.thumb.jpeg.a1683825f44a74490ffd9164893457be.jpeg

Edited by Bennyartie
  • Upvote 4
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 1:46 PM, kipfi said:

picture1.png

picture2.png

oh my gosh, your frozen eyelashes are perfect!  no offense, but you remind me of the dead couple in the cannery (in a good way)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Karl Grylls said:

holy cow, that's a winner imo. Youtuber must have been Gronkh i guess. Since i saw the game on his channel, the very first split second i saw the menu screen, i was electrified.

Where from Austria? I live in ibk ^^

Yes exactly, it was Gronkh ^_^ Nice to see a fellow austrian here, we are both from vienna :)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bennyartie said:

My submission for Wintermute/non core character… The Trapper

I am a lonely trapper. There are a lot of dangerous bears out there. But I’d risk my life out there in the cold to take down the meanest of them all. I may be injured but I have a story to tell.18B5BF67-8592-410E-A5CA-95316B8850BC.thumb.jpeg.25e5ff894d81984f883015f86d73f6d3.jpegF9FEE51B-08F5-4393-9C73-1CDDD9F7A7BD.thumb.jpeg.a1683825f44a74490ffd9164893457be.jpeg

Oh boy I have some contest to put up with

• Like 1

My entry for best WINTERMUTE cosplay- Astrid Greenwood.

While searching Great Bear, Astrid comes across what she thinks is a bear carcass. Not quite the horse she was hoping to find but it will do for dinner.  When the bear wakes up, a surprise attack nearly causes her to be dinner instead. Luckily, she is able to put up a fight with only her hatchet and wits. In the end although wounded, the bear is harvested, cooked and helps her to survive another day in The Long Dark. 

Thanks again, Hinterland for this contest. My partner and I had lots of fun fighting bears in the woods. 

Edited by Fangirl_Mel
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1