Would you really eat it?

Leeanda

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Attitudes have changed quite a lot these days,vegans are increasing, more food allergies  etc... So its more of a moral dilemma than it used to be. 

I suspect that for a starving man out in the wilds attitudes and the moral dilemma have not changed.

Just now, peteloud said:

I suspect that for a starving man out in the wilds attitudes and the moral dilemma have not changed.

If they have lived in the wild then no probably not but a city dweller is another thing entirely.  Take anyone out their comfort zone and they will have to learn the very hard way.   Some people have never even seen a cow but spend half their time eating steaks and burgers without a second thought to where it came from.

I've eaten my cat's dry food once, just to see what it tasted like! (Only a couple pieces...it tasted kinda like those Chicken in a Biscuit crackers, but much less salty.)

In the US at least, all pet food has to be made safe for human consumption. Because the sad reality is that some people are so poor, they do eat cat/dog food. Usually the wet stuff though. This clerk at the quickie mart by my friend's house growing up, he was homeless for a while, and always had weird little nuggets of wisdom. I forget the exact type but he singled out one specific brand of dog food that was meat chunks in gravy, basically put that over toast with a handful of microwaved frozen peas, you've got yourself a complete meal.

• Upvote 2

On 9/13/2022 at 12:57 AM, Stinky socks said:

Lvl.5 cooking skill!!

Yes yes yes! You can eat ANYTHING with this, rancid predator meat and ruined food alike!

Definitely one reason I work on getting Cooking to 5 as soon as possible. Then you no longer have to panic when you've no weapon, no snares, no fishing lines and scavenged all the cattails.

Edited by Sgt Socks