Eating/drinking when walking

Lacho7

Maybe it was suggested before, sorry, I was too lazy to go through the posts.

Here is the thing, I'm not sure if it's against general mechanics of the game, but it would save a lot game time if we could eat or drink and keep walking (not running).

Let me know what you think guys... cherrs

• Upvote 1

On the one hand: it should be possible, because it's realistic. On the other hand: why? Is it important. You will always find a place where you can stand while eating and drinking. So I wouldn't think it would be worth the change.

Just now, Razum said:

On the one hand: it should be possible, because it's realistic. On the other hand: why? Is it important. You will always find a place where you can stand while eating and drinking. So I wouldn't think it would be worth the change.

You have a valid point. But there is the problem of being stalked when you're fatigued.  Drinking a cup of coffee standing still isn't the best idea if yogi is on your tail.  

• Upvote 1

Lighting a torch makes much more sense to me. 
I already wondered here https://hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/42020-arrow-keysenter-for-all-items-in-game/#comment-239749 why you are not able to use the space menu while still walking. The only option if you are chased by a wolf is to use number keys to cycle through.

The cup of coffee thing is also a good point. So you've convinced me. With these things in mind, there are critical situations where it would be really helpful and not being able to do it is a pretty unnatural restriction.

• Upvote 2