Your Toughts on Project Zomboid

Michael1986

Fun game, its a fun zombie simulator if you can get past the view style and graphics (which honestly you will learn to like it) it has an extremely in depth if not one of the most in depth game play for a survival game. If you play TLD on interloper you will do good on that game once you get used to the combat. Simply cause you will be used to surviving off very little. Honestly if you play TLD on interloper you should be good at most survival games at that point

However they're too completely different games, what I love about both is perma-death, you die game over. Just like on interloper, you won't live forever and once you accept that fact you will have fun playing. I've played zomboid with mods but I honestly just like playing vanilla no mods on apocalypse.

I'm guessing this is what you meant on my thoughts. Different survival games, both in my top 3 survival gamer ever. With Subnautica (the first one, and on hardcore) being in there as well for my top 3 and there is no particular order of the 3. TLD, Zomboid and Subnautica for me are must play survival games if you haven't played them

Edited by Saws n Sins
added a few words
  • Upvote 2

On 8/11/2022 at 3:45 AM, Saws n Sins said:

Fun game, its a fun zombie simulator if you can get past the view style and graphics (which honestly you will learn to like it) it has an extremely in depth if not one of the most in depth game play for a survival game. If you play TLD on interloper you will do good on that game once you get used to the combat. Simply cause you will be used to surviving off very little. Honestly if you play TLD on interloper you should be good at most survival games at that point

However they're too completely different games, what I love about both is perma-death, you die game over. Just like on interloper, you won't live forever and once you accept that fact you will have fun playing. I've played zomboid with mods but I honestly just like playing vanilla no mods on apocalypse.

I'm guessing this is what you meant on my thoughts. Different survival games, both in my top 3 survival gamer ever. With Subnautica (the first one, and on hardcore) being in there as well for my top 3 and there is no particular order of the 3. TLD, Zomboid and Subnautica for me are must play survival games if you haven't played them

Eh, the story isnt about how you survived. it is about how you died.

I say I play Project Zomboid more than TLD.

Edited by Michael1986

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PZ is in my opinion the most indeph and immersive survival games. I really don't like giving that top 1 score away from The long dark, but the gameplay mechanics are just better and in a bigger quantity (plus there are zombies so theres basically "more to do" or as i would rather call it more to worry about". Ofcourse the long dark is a first person 3d game and i'd guess thats a lot harder to develop. It would be a dream to have a game as immersive as PZ but with the absolutely beatiful style and feeling of the long dark. 

but god damn both of them are so good and so are their creators!

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2022 at 6:27 PM, APixelatedLemon said:

It's almost tied with TLD in terms of my favorite survival game.

I like Project Zomboid a bit more mostly for two reasons. Mods and co-op 

I like how Project Zomboid works, TLD is a good game but Zomboid's does one thing that makes it feel a more tense game, it makes its Zombies feel actually dangerous.