Best songs to listen to while playing TLD

SpanishMoss

On 4/13/2023 at 11:34 AM, UpUpAway95 said:

or perhaps this one by Gordon Lightfoot if I was going with some lyrics:

I was going to suggest this but you beat me to it. I wish I had gotten to see him in concert.

Into the muskeg!

Edited by Grignard_TN

I don't listen to music while playing, but I wanted to join in, so I had a think what is the most TLDy song by my favourite band, Queen. It has to be Who Wants to Live Forever?

Perhaps changed to Who wants to Live For 500 Days?

• Upvote 3

@xanna

Agreed, I almost never listen to anything when playing a session other than the imbedded soundtrack, but these are all songs that remind me of TLD in some way or music that I think would pair well with it (either thematically or in general vibe).

Granted some of them are just there because they happened to be something I put on via YouTube while I was making a long trek on a well-known route (but again that's rare for me to actually do).

Naturally, I think that the original soundtracks (both from Sascha Dikiciyan and Cris Velasco) are perfect fits and frankly unreplaceable.

But it's still fun to splice together and curate "TLD playlists"  :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I'm glad you joined in... that was a wonderful selection. 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Just like many of you, I don't listen to music while wandering the surface of Great Bear Island, but some songs drive me back to it. Can't explain why or how, but these songs have this "drive" : whenever I hear "Once in a lifetime" from Talking Heads or "Old Man" from Neil Young , I just need to step into my Will or Astrid character and find my own pathways in the snow.

Once in a Lifetime - Remain in Light - Talking Heads

Old Man - Harvest - Neil Young

These are just 2 of them, but many more call me to set foot again on this white hell we all enjoy ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zaknafein said:

Hehe that is from an older video, so thank you :D But yeah, the instrumental is better than the voiced song, imo.

I agree.. the lyrics aren't really tld vibes😁.    It was a great video,I watch it often.

• Upvote 1